eggs!!

Any advice on how to poach an egg? I never got the hang of that.

Im the cook in my household (everything from scratch too), some of you guys are truly spoilt!!!

For a perfect (and quickest) poached egg everytime;

1)Boil water and fill a wide-ish cup

2)Crack the the egg into the recently boiled water in the cup

3)Stick it in the microwave for 40 secs (800watt adjust as needed)

4)Take the egg out immediently with a tablespoon.

*optional* wack it on a bagel with smoked salmon add pepper and chives mmmm

note: taking an egg immediently out of the fridge and sticking it in the microwave can cause the yolk to pop, so its best to get the egg to room tempreature first.

2 ways to poach an egg.

1. put a knob of butter in a cup, put in microwave 30 secs to melt.

crach open egg and put into cup, prick the yolk with a fork to stop it poping. Cover with kitchen roll.

putback into microwave for 1 minute.

option 2. Put about half an inch of water in a pan, add some salt, bring to boil.

crack open egg , put into boiling water.

leave untill done, be carefull when lifting out the pan to stop yolk from breaking.

you could also buy an egg poaching pan , this allows to do 4 at a time, just put about half inch water in bottom pan , bring to boil, meanwhile grease each of the 4 small egg pans(cups) open the 4eggs and put 1 in each cup, put lid on and leave untill done, you will know by the colour when done. And as someone mentioned above smoked salmon goes well with poaced egg

Last edited:
there are a few more simple egg recipes.

my favourite is eggy bread or French toast to the posh people.

scrambled egg

and the good old omelette.

its chicken omellete tonight for me for my tea, cant be bothered to make anything that takes ages .

chicken omellete.

beat 4 eggs in a bowl, add a little salt.

thinly slice a chicken breast.

heat a tbsp olive oil in a non stick pan,

brown the chicken slices, make sure its cooked through.

throw the beaten eggs over the chicken.

with a fork keep moving the sides away from the pan, tilting so the middle runs to the outside.

when middle looks just a little bit runny still, fold the egg tilting the pan, fold it into like a wrap.

you could even try putting in some nice crunchy mushrooms, fried peppers, .

Mnnnn

Any suggestions on something to go with the omlette? might have this for my tea also. I'm trying to cut down on the chips, lol

Baked Potato filled with beans, thats what i am having

for the potato.

Turn oven on to 200 degrees.

prick a couple of potatos all over with a fork.

wrap in kitchen roll.

put in microwave for 4 mins, turn over and put back in for another 4 mins.

when done remove kitchen roll.

put a couple of mounds of salt onto a baking tray and put the potatoes on top of the salt ( this dries the skin out and makes a nice and crispy skin) it will take between 20 and 30 mins just make sure the potatoes are nice and brown and crispy.

Heat the beans up in a pan.

slice open potatoes, fold open , add the beans.

its nice and simple but goes down a treat.

Thats what i am having anyway, its gorgeous.

When poaching an egg, stir the boiling water in the pan & quickly break the egg into the middle of the twister, well that what Gary Rhodes does...

Runny fried egg with beans on toast : ) the yolk mixing with the tomato sauce is divine : )

Have you noticed how Almost all the cooks on telly are men, nuff said.

The perfect poached egg

1 Dont be scared of the egg break into a mug.

2 boil a pan of water about 3 inch deep add some white wine vinegar, or normal whatever you have to hand about 2 tblspoons.

3 Turn pan right down to a rolling boil. with a wooden spoon stir the water clockwise get it going into a little vortex.

4 slowly pour your egg into the centre of the swirl, this will keep it all together.

5 cover with a lid.............................3mins later lift out with a ladle with holes in you know the one.

6 Turn onto bagel or toast yummeeeeeeee.

Back