CD & DVD Editing a DVD

Shackyr

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have been asked to help organise a reunion associated with local village football, to coincide with the anniversary of SAFC winning FA cup in 1973. Part of the event is to watch highlights of the match. I have looked everywhere to see if a DVD is available with highlights only without success, I can get a DVD of the whole match.
Is it possible to take that DVD & edit it plus add other items to it.

I ain't an expert mate but I'm pretty sure it's possible. There's probably better software out there but something like 'dvd ripper' should get the complete match dvd on to your computer in .avi or .mp4 format, then use something like 'Windows Movie Maker' to create a video the way you want it. Can add music, photos, transitions etc of your choice. Good luck with it, sounds like a nice wee project (labour of love?) for you.
HH.

Will try anything, been browsing to see what is available, on youtube there was video showing how to copy youtube videos, with a free program called Any Video Converter, so I am going to try that also.

Freemake Video Convertor will rip the DVD to a single file. You could then use Window Movie maker to chop it up or use something more advanced like Sony Vegas or Pinnacle Studio which allow you to mix up scenes from different videos.

Presently I am using the Any video converter, have downloaded some youtube videos & converted them to DVD video Pal, there is a lot of choice as to what to convert them to. Then I shall load them into Windows Movie maker ( did that on a test one, it was ok ).
The plan is then to merge the 4 into one, do some minor editing & burn a DVD to see what the results are.

Well it worked ok, but the video quality was rubbish, using reproductions from youtube is no good, will have try & rip the original DVD and try editing that, should get a better quality

Back