Dying battery in Peugeot 206 fob

djkarloz

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have been told changing the battery will kill off the immobiliser and lock the car, but i dont have the immo code.

Anybody know if this is true?

The guys who told me this were at the local halfords (and to be honest they weren't much help).

The local peugeot garage wants £25 for the code, sites are showing it for £5, but I dont want to pay for it if its not needed.

Cheers

Is it a standard factory fit immobiliser? If not do you have the make of it or on the back of the fob is there any other info? For instance it says Pug on the front but Cobra on the back?

Have you tried opening it up and looking in the circuit board for a manufacturers name?

Just had a quick browse on the subject and found a couple of things you could try...

changing the battery should be easy enough. if it needs to be 'reprogrammed' to the vehicle its done in the same manner as most new pugs.

ONE:
PLIP PROGRAMMING
1. Turn the Ignition switch to the ON position using the first key.
2. Press the LOCK button for 10 seconds.
3. Remove the key and wait for 10 seconds.
4. Check the Plip key operation.
5. Repeat for second Plip key if required.
6. Turn the ignition OFF

TWO:
From page 20:

Switch off the ignition
Switch the ignition on again
Press the remote control locking button for a few seconds
Switch off the ignition and remove the key from the lock.
Should now be working.

This would be in line with what I used to have to do with my ford. Try it without changing the battery first and see if you get any LED's flash anywhere on the dash. When it says switch on ignition it just means to position two (just before cranking) i.e. as the dash comes alive, but try both position one and position 2.

Last edited:
not sure of your year of car but u can change key battery

Attachments

• key.jpg
    key.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 9
Back