Dvd writer advice please

robby12345

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all thanks for looking , with grand theft auto 5 soon to be available I'm wanting to upgrade my old pioneer 115d which now struggles to write the new 8.5 gig games.

My question is which drive to I need to buy and how much can I pick one up for ? Secondly would I just use image burn to burn the games to disc ?

Regards Robby

Hi all thanks for looking , with grand theft auto 5 soon to be available I'm wanting to upgrade my old pioneer 115d which now struggles to write the new 8.5 gig games.

My question is which drive to I need to buy and how much can I pick one up for ? Secondly would I just use image burn to burn the games to disc ?

Regards Robby

An ihas124

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

If you could get any iHas B model burner then go for it though the B series has been discontinued for a while now and they are no longer necessary since the release of the Burner Max payload tool. Also Imgburner on its own now can burner the 8.5gb XGD3 discs with most dual layer burners since the Burner Max payload functions were built into it.

Up until now I have used IMG Burn to burn XGD3 disc but a couple like Bioshock Infiniti and Splinter Cell won't work that's why I was looking to get a new burner for GTA 5 . How much do the iHas burners go for ?

Regards Robby

All the these drives were reported to be compatible with Burner Max Payload Tool so should be able to use it to burn XGD3 backups. Other drives might work as well but it will be a matter of trial and error.

ASUS DRW-20B1LT
ASUS DRW-24B1 ST/LT
ASUS DRW-24B3 ST/LT
ASUS DRW-24B5 ST/LT
DELL DH-16ABS
HP DVD1260i
HP DVD1270i
HP PLDSDL8ATL
LITE-ON iHAS/iHAP 122-04C
LITE-ON iHAP 122-04W
LITE-ON iHAS 322
LITE-ON iHAS x24 (A)/B/C/DU
LITE-ON DH-16ABSH11B
Optiarc AD-7580S
Optiarc AD-7640A
Optiarc AD-7740H
Optiarc BC-5500S
PIONEER DVR-110D
PIONEER DVR-111D
PIONEER DVR-118L
PIONEER DVR-216D
PIONEER DVR-218
PIONEER DVR-219
PIONEER DVR-220
PIONEER DVR-A18L
PIONEER DVR-TD10RS
PIONEER S18LBK
Plextor PX-880SA
Plextor PX-L890SA
Slimtype DS8A3S
Slimtype DS8A5SH
Slimtype DS8A8SH
TEAC DV-W524GSB
TSSTcorp SE-S084B
TSSTcorp SH-S202
TSSTcorp SH-S202N
TSSTcorp SH-S203D
TSSTcorp SH-222AB
TSSTcorp SH-223F
TSSTcorp SH-224BB
TSSTcorp SN-208AB
TSSTcorp SN-208BB
TSSTcorp SH-243N
TSSTcorp TS-L633B
TSSTcorp TS-T633C
TSSTcorp TS-L633J
TSSTcorp TS-L633R

Up until now I have used IMG Burn to burn XGD3 disc but a couple like Bioshock Infiniti and Splinter Cell won't work that's why I was looking to get a new burner for GTA 5 . How much do the iHas burners go for ?

Regards Robby

I got mine for 15, others got for less and some more, id say anything under 30 is cheap.

Just looked on ebay for ye, 21 and under for them :)
Just search ihas

Last edited:
Great list mmonster thanks mate should be a great help to others aswell :)

Regards Robby

Emoemo my local computer shop does em mate for £20 going to invest in one wen i get paid , My old pioneer managed to burn gta 5 so im a happy chappy lol

Thanks everyone for your help

Regards Robby

Emoemo my local computer shop does em mate for £20 going to invest in one wen i get paid , My old pioneer managed to burn gta 5 so im a happy chappy lol

Thanks everyone for your help

Regards Robby

Yea done gta v there about an hour ago lol will get a proper go at it tomoro prob. Never had a problem with my ihas :)

Back