dvd player under £38

i saw on another site that someone had bought it & it played vcd's

Chris, if it plays MP3 it must play CD-r, therefore you would think it will play a vcd which is written on CD-r, most DVD players even the cheapies will play VCD, it SVCD-with menus some have a problem with m8 but not all of them. However, on reading up on this it is not guaranteed to play VCD/SVCD (although some have managed it) so I wouldnt advise buying it if you want to watch a VCD/SVCD on CD-r. Anyway, ASDA are selling a Pacific DVD player for £44 which plays all VCD/SVCD and every other format you can think of...

I always found personally the cheaper ones have more features, the only thing you dont usually get is the 5.1 surround outputs....

heres some info I found on the ALBA if anyone interested in it :

Kodak Picture CD/JPG image support
MP3 long filename support
DVD-MP3, MP3 on DVDR/W support
DVD-Audio
DVD-R
DVD-RW DVD+R
DVD+RW

also it can be made multiregion by opening the tray and keying in 2812 on the remote and pressing enter until you get to region 9

Chris.

wh.smiths are selling a cyberhome dvd that plays everything got one £50..best yet it is smallest i have seen yet and not a portable graet machine they cant keep up with the demands for it

can't beat the pacific at asda it even plays dvd mp3's abot 49 quid

Originally posted by chris_uk
Chris, if it plays MP3 it must play CD-r, therefore you would think it will play a vcd which is written on CD-r, most DVD players even the cheapies will play VCD.

not the case m8 i had a deccavideo dvd and it played everything, had the extra new for old guarantee, got up 1 day it had died so took it back to the shop they replaced it with it's replacement. Which played mp3's but didn't play vcd/svcd or dvd-r.

took it straight back told them it didn't play what i wanted and took 1 of each of the above and tried them out in the shop till i found 1 that played them all.

ended up with a sony

I've had 2 sony players and neither of them played VCD/SVCD. Strange, you would think them being a good quality make like Sony that they would play anything, but you only seem to get those features with £120+ Sony drives :(

I've ended up with a Toshiba, not the best but it plays all I need it to....

Are there any players that have DTS digital input and a 5.1 output ie. they will decode a DTS signal from my PC or digibox aswell as playing 5.1 movies?

Back