CD & DVD DVD Copying

monkey0uk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me which is the best software for making back up of genuine dvd films, Nero won't do it because of the encrypton, Thanks

Hi monkey0uk,
Well first off Nero will not copy genuine dvds partly because of the encryption but also because an original dvd is too big to fit onto a dvdr.
So what you require is a programme that will compress the dvd and also remove the encryptionand you can then burn to disc on Nero. The solution to that is a programme called DVD Shrink 3.2 which is freeware so do not download it from anywhere tha tries to charge for it. Just Google it and I'm sure you will find it, it's an easy to use programme and will rarely let you down.
Hope this helps you.

Hi can anyone tell me which is the best software for making back up of genuine dvd films, Nero won't do it because of the encrypton, Thanks

Try dvd fab it,s not free but there are plenty of cracks on the web for it and will copy any dvd

i use shrink m8, works perfectly any probs just pm me .

hi just googled for the shrink dvd 3.2 lots of sites say free but when completed the necessary forms not cash free but add free. can anyone save me the time and mess of looking for a free site pse

what time and mess? it was the fourth link down when searched for in google??? here

dvd shrink is very good also dvd decrypter but that wont shrink it

dvd shrink is what i use.... great when you have a disc thats over 4.7gb

If you want the highest quality rip for films that won't fit on a single DVD, use DVD-RB Pro

It basically rebuilds the DVD to fit the bitrate, where Shrink and the rest are transcoders so strip the information they think you won't miss. Thats where they get the speed from. DVD-RB can be a lot slower but has a lot more work to do

It will do the entire DVD with menus, etc, etc or just the movie. Very useful for those episode discs that are usually well over the size of a standard DVD

There is also a free version of DVD-RB, which will do the same basic job and uses HCEnc which is a free encoder, so for nothing you can get the best quality you can get

To rip, I use AnyDVD HD with DVD Decrypter. This combination still works, but AnyDVD has its own built-in ripper for the odd discs thats fail to rip with what I usually use. Have never had one failed rip, unless the DVD is damaged

Back