Hardware Ducky Keyboards?

Gherky

Reaction score
Just wanting peoples opinions on Ducky keyboards.

I am up for a new keyboard and wondered if:

a) They are worth the extra cash
b) Are mechanical keyboards so much different in feel to standard keyboards?
c) The Ducky keyboards come with Cherry switches (red, black, blue and brown). Is there a lot of difference in feel of these switches?

Thanks in advance

If they are the same as the old Cherry keyboards from years ago then the switches have a distinct tactile "click" when you press them and they make a lot of noise.

Is there anyone else sitting in the same room as you? :)

So in terms of quality they are worth the extra cash then?

Best thing is go into a pc shop and try them out.... they give very different feedback than normal keyboards

Ducky keyboards are excellent mate, among some of the best mechanical keyboards out there. What model was you looking to get? The LEDs have some cool effects :D a little out of my price range for a keyboard though

Mechanical keyboards are far more responsive than standard keyboards due to the way the keys press down but you do get that distinctive 'click' with them. Like the old fashioned keyboards used to be

Ducky keyboards are excellent mate, among some of the best mechanical keyboards out there. What model was you looking to get? The LEDs have some cool effects :D a little out of my price range for a keyboard though

Mechanical keyboards are far more responsive than standard keyboards due to the way the keys press down but you do get that distinctive 'click' with them. Like the old fashioned keyboards used to be

Well not sure to be honest. The Ducky Zero starting at £70 seems good. The Ducky Shine 3 at £140 seems very good but expensive and it seems that the only major difference is different lighting compared to the Zero and the Ducky Shine 3 Year of the Snake Ltd Ed looks great but at £180 for basically an aluminium front over the Shine 3 seems too expensive but for some strange reason I am tempted lol.

Well, went today not sure as to which one I would buy.............and came out of the shop with the limited edition lol.

It is taking some getting used to but love the feel of the keys and it feels like it may outlive me lol.

Thanks for the replys guys. Much appreciated!

Do the LEDs do all the cool ripple effects on that one? You can get the LEDs to look like a snake aswell! Completely pointless but it looks awesome haha

lol, yes the LED's do that. Still can't believe I spent that........................Mrs can!

Back