Dry Batteries? Sony - What's the difference? sodium/lithium?

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Evening, whilst I'm getting all technical on my self, i thought I'd ask, I have 2 batteries that are "dry batteries" and they won't power any thing other than a scony remote....what's the score with that then? i know there's a sodium and a lithium battery, but I've never come across this before.....2 batteries that are r63(ns) can't believe that scony use them for some of there remotes and won't allow you to put them in any thing else....if i do they go bananas, the remotes that is, lights flashing and stuff, like a scene from the excorsit....

Has it got anything printed on them?

Maybe the batteries are specially designed for low power applications. Putting them in something that wants to draw more current than they are capable of might be causing their voltage to dip making the applicance maloperate.

For maximum power transfer (Maximum power transfer theorem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) source resistance must be equal to load resistance. Batteries of different types have different characteristics and they may have matched those batteries to that load. Note that that is why you shouldn't mix batteries in things.

Last edited:
I've always wondered why they say never to mix batteries, 1st time I've come across such batteries, just says "dry battery R6/3(NS) Size AA* 1.5V

thought i was going mad, as new the remote in 4 pieces of equipment could not be faulty, and yes the batteries have power as they run a remote from scony....cheers man, just interested to why....

Back