Driving test, test route practice

XDbox2

Inactive User
Reaction score
Is it possible to program a Tomtom PDA with the test routes I could encounter on my driving test ?
There's 10 possible test routes at my local test center, I want to be as well prepared as possible for my test in 3 weeks time.

[example test route]

Test Centre Route
Name of Practical Test Centre…………Hamilton
Type of Test Route………………………Car
Route Number…………………………...1
Date of Last Review…………………….
Name/ Number of Road Direction
DTC EOR left
Tuphall Rd / Edward St EOR right
Glebe St / Dixon St / Auchincampbell
Rd
EOR left
Union St Roundabout 2nd exit
Burnbank Rd Roundabout 2nd exit, roundabout left
Udston Rd 2nd right
Russell St Left
Main St Roundabout 3rd exit
Expressway Roundabout left
Bellshill Rd Roundabout left
Bothwell Rd 3rd right at T/L
Caird St Right
New Park St Roundabout left
Auchinraith Ave Roundabout ahead, roundabout 2nd
exit
Melrose St Roundabout 2nd exit
Whitehill Rd Roundabout ahead
Pollock Ave Roundabout ahead, roundabout left
Hillhouse Rd Roundabout left
Wellhall Rd Roundabout left, roundabout ahead,
roundabout left
Ardenclutha Ave Right
Somerset Ave Left
Woodhall Ave EOR left
Clearfield Ave Right
Ardenclutha Ave Roundabout left
Wellhall Rd Right
Hiltonbank St EOR left
Wellhall Rd Roundabout left
Chantinghall Rd Roundabout left
Bent Rd 3rd right
South Park Rd EOR left
Tuphall Rd 2nd right
Selkirk St
DTC
Glossary: EOR - End of Road.
T/L – Traffic Lights

m8 on a driving test let says theres traffic you wil be re routed and that mite not be a test route but you will end up going down there
soo dont reali think you can

I know that the test routes can be altered due to traffic/roadworks etc, even if the routes are not exactly what i want they will get me familair with the routes I will be tested on.

There no way in hell you will be able to program a tom tom with all the routes

just relax and drive like you normally do. If you pass well done if you dont sit it again!

all the best.

Listen m8. You can learne the routes, but you can never anticipate the actions of the other road users. It is all about being aware and anticipating what might happen and getting ready to deal with situation on hand.

My advice to you is lots of practice. Practice will make you perfect to deal with your Driving Test, not knowing the routes. Driving is for life not just for passing the driving test.

Your missing the point here, I dont want a tomtom to pass my test for me or anticipate other drivers reactions, I just want to learn the routes, I'l do it with a map, i was wanting to have a dry run at the routes, familiarise myself with them, spot the unmarked junctions and things, potential hazards I might face blah blah blah.

i drive a truck and sometimes do the same run for a week,knowing the route i take does not help in anyway whatsoever,everyday some thing different happens. take the advice given and just pratice driving and you will be ok.
If you did learn the route then if it changed for some reason you would be in a worse situation cos you expect one thing and get another. you will have enough to do on the day dont make it more complicated than it is.
just give a safe steady competant drive and you will pass.
Good Luck

Exactly m8.
What the Examiner is looking from you is that you drive safely, and that you put up a reasonably smooth drive and keep up with the other road traffic without unnecessarily holding them up.
The examiner knows that you are a learner and is not expecting a perfect drive from you, but saying that if you can provide a perfect drive, you might emerge with a clean sheet, which is a rarity but will make you feel good.
Good luck m8.

m8 as i said you cant do a dry run
say ur test is at rush hour there is traffic you will be turned off to a diffrent route
ie left at the lights cause there is traffic if you go ahead

Don't you go round the test routes when your doing lessons?

Im always doing the test routes and have even practiced driving in and out of the test center.

Back