Driver a national hero!

DodgyTech

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
A CAR-clamped dad who camped in his motor for 30 hours until a four grand fine was axed beamed yesterday - and said: "It wastriumph for the common man."

'Triumph for the common man' ... Haroon observes clamper DARREN FLETCHER

Demands ... one clamper swaggers past Haroon's car DARREN FLETCHER

Nursery boss Haroon Zafaryab, 27 - who failed to spot a tiny "private property" notice - blasted "bullying clampers" who swooped on his Toyota Prius.

He emerged from prayers at his local mosque to find it clamped - and an enforcement firm official demanding £100 PLUS £265 for a tow truck that had been called to haul the car away.
Haroon refused to pay and got in the driver's seat, knowing the car couldn't be moved with him in it.

SNN1705TIC--380_1107082a.jpg
Wind-up ... tickets mount on Prius screen

DARREN FLETCHER

That was at 1.18pm on Wednesday - and heralded a marathon sit-in which saw him hailed a local hero in Wembley, North London. Residents in local flats kept him supplied with refreshments as his protest dragged on all afternoon, into the night and continued next day. During the stand-off:
THREE MORE clamps were fixed so all his wheels were locked.
FORTY PARKING TICKETS were plastered over his windscreen and rear window.

SNN1705CAR-380_1107073a.jpg
Deadlock ... all four wheels are clamped

DARREN FLETCHER

TOTAL FINES mounted to £3,865 - with each penalty notice demanding £80 for 30 minutes of waiting.
Clamping firm Citywatch repeatedly sent tow trucks as cops kept an eye on the protest in Wembley's Plaza Parade. By 7.33pm on Thursday the firm's army of officials had finally had enough.
Their victim, whose wife proudly took his baby son to see his protest, offered to stump up the original £100 - and one of the enforcement team accepted.
Fuming colleague Ayon Malcolm, who originally clamped the £11,000 hybrid motor, slapped his head, wailing: "All that for £100."
Haroon, of Kingsbury, said: "A crowd of about 50 clapped and cheered as they took the clamps off."

SNN1705QQ-380_1107071a.jpg
Stand-off ... clamper sneaks into car

As Home Office minister Lynne Featherstone prepared to unveil a blitz on cowboy clampers on private land today, he added: "Everyone was shaking my hand. The little man won against the big bad clampers.
"I knew I was within my rights."
His biggest scare came when he briefly sneaked out of his car for a break in the night - then found Mr Malcolm sitting in it. Cops ordered him out.
Haroon said of his sit-in: "I was prepared to stick it out for weeks. I knew they were trying to rip me off with the tow truck."
Citywatch, based in Enfield, North London, refused to comment. The AA has blasted the firm, expelled in February from the British Parking Association, as Britain's "greediest".

A DISTRICT nurse's car was held for five hours by clampers who swooped as she parked for 15 minutes in a patient's allocated space. Hannah Bannock was in uniform and displaying an NHS permit when the team struck in Clacton, Essex.
She was finally freed when a management firm intervened, and did not have to pay a fee approaching £1,000.
Hannah said: "It was disgusting. They were a law unto themselves."
The firm, South East Clamping, would not comment.

Source: People's champ beats clamps | The Sun |News

Re: Muslim driver national hero!

Well done that man!

I dunno what his religion has to do with the story though? :err:

well done that man :)

ive edited the title m8, as itll all only kick off over nothing

well done that man :)

ive edited the title m8, as itll all only kick off over nothing

well if it was me i would just cut clamp off with bolt croppers and throw it in the bin
and Deni all knowledge.

lol no probs mate. Was wondering whether or not I should have changed it. You made my decision easier :)

I once got clamped when i started driving by cowboy private land clampers. Cost me £150 quid! Next time it happened, got an extension wire, angle grinder and made bob my uncle ;)

I was just reading that story, lol.

I hope he gets the conviction squashed or reduced to the £100.

This is tied to the other story that wheel clamping and tow away could be made illegal in England and Wales by Nov of this year.

I hope he gets the conviction squashed or reduced to the £100.

He accepted the £100 fine and paid it.

If I were there I'd have gave him a tenner towards it as a thank you for the evenings entertainment. :)

i got clamped once near newport hospital when i worked for sky.

i rang the number on the clamp to let them know it was on the garden wall

that picture posted of the clamper behind the wheel, wounldn,t that be clashed as threft as he is behind the wheel.

i mean if you watch them on TV if a drunk gets behind a wheel even if he's not driving they still get done for drink driving.

lol @ digi

@Napster - Check out the video in the link. He's sitting in the car with the owner of the car. They couldn't remove him by force so the owner had to sit in the passenger seat until the plods told him to get out!

Good on this man. This is absolute scandalous!

don't you think that was just a little over the top, clamping every wheel and god knows how many stickers, pure stupidity.

Just heard on the radio that these private clampers could face a fine or go to jail if the new laws are introduced. I would love to see this implemented. Wankers, the whole lot of them

its about time someone got one over on them . i got clamped late at night after going to a kids show . rang them up and was told its your problem untill tomorrow . So i removed the clamp myself , had to pay the fine but i got a trophy lol

Totally agree that someones car should not be imobilised and that these guys are rip off cowboys but should people be allowed to park as and where they please.

driving a car is a privelage not a right that you have to earn by doing your test. Surely driving and parking should involve a certain amount of ettiquete (if thats how you spell it) and consideration which in my opinion has long gone.

People seem to forget that a car is a one tonne death machine in the wrong hands.

How many times do you see people driving on while their phones or speeding or parking where they shouldn't. Its all to common and it seems that people that enforce the punishment of such infringments are the scourge of the land.

In my opinion if you drive while on the phone you are as bad as a drink drive and as such should have your car crushed no exceptions a £1000 fine minimum and a years ban. How is that for a deterant, it might actually work. as 3 points and a £60 fine is not much really as people still do it and dont give a ****.

Park your car ilegally and it you get fined... everyone knows it and they still do it, if you are that deperate to park there then £35 aint that bad... you made your choice so take responsiblitty.

Speeding same as drink driving and driving while on the phone can and has caused death so you choose to do it take the fucking repercussions.

Todays society people blame everyone else for their mistakes and when they get caught wrong doing there is always an excuse.

I really do believe in kharma (excuse spelling and grammar... had a few) that what goes around comes around... so when you have bad luck and think what the **** did I do to deserve that remember the time you did something wrong...

Im no angel, have used my phone while driving, have parked illegaly, have been done for speeding and the utltimate sin have been done for drink driving. But have done my time and taken my consequences and have learned from it. But I had to get caught each time to stop doing it as I didnt like the consequences so if you do something wrong dont whine like a bitch take the repercussions and learn from your mistake..

Totally agree that someones car should not be imobilised and that these guys are rip off cowboys but should people be allowed to park as and where they please.

driving a car is a privelage not a right that you have to earn by doing your test. Surely driving and parking should involve a certain amount of ettiquete (if thats how you spell it) and consideration which in my opinion has long gone.

People seem to forget that a car is a one tonne death machine in the wrong hands.

How many times do you see people driving on while their phones or speeding or parking where they shouldn't. Its all to common and it seems that people that enforce the punishment of such infringments are the scourge of the land.

In my opinion if you drive while on the phone you are as bad as a drink drive and as such should have your car crushed no exceptions a £1000 fine minimum and a years ban. How is that for a deterant, it might actually work. as 3 points and a £60 fine is not much really as people still do it and dont give a ****.

Park your car ilegally and it you get fined... everyone knows it and they still do it, if you are that deperate to park there then £35 aint that bad... you made your choice so take responsiblitty.

Speeding same as drink driving and driving while on the phone can and has caused death so you choose to do it take the fucking repercussions.

Todays society people blame everyone else for their mistakes and when they get caught wrong doing there is always an excuse.

I really do believe in kharma (excuse spelling and grammar... had a few) that what goes around comes around... so when you have bad luck and think what the **** did I do to deserve that remember the time you did something wrong...

Im no angel, have used my phone while driving, have parked illegaly, have been done for speeding and the utltimate sin have been done for drink driving. But have done my time and taken my consequences and have learned from it. But I had to get caught each time to stop doing it as I didnt like the consequences so if you do something wrong dont whine like a bitch take the repercussions and learn from your mistake..
mate I agree with you, but have a look at the following clip from the BBC - He said that the sign said £100 fine, and they tried to extort him by saying he had to pay up a £300 + fine!

BBC News - Wheel clamp stand-off over £4,000 fine lasts 30 hours

Back