Dreamweaver Hyperlinks

zs98

Inactive User
Reaction score
Im trying to create a website using Macromedia Dreamweaver. Im basically having trouble on frames and links.

As you can see in the picture which is just an example of a website. Ive created a button in the Navigation frame and if i click on that button i want it to open up the webpage in Main frame so i can see the left and top frame. But, the problem which i get is that when i click on the button it keeps on opening the link in a another windows explorer without showing the frames.

Ive targeted the link to open in main page but doesnt seem to work. Does anyone know what im doing wrong?

Thanks

Not many people working in frames these days due to the bad image they got in the early 00's from 'bedroom' websites... (CSS is the current 'best practice' for layout these days, though daunting at first its easy to get the hang of.)

Anyway, the target frame has to be named, in fact best practice is to name all your frames:
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
Plus you've got to link to the exact name of the target frame, e.g.:
Code:
If you where to point the target at Main, MAIN etc it wouldn't work.

If that is what you have, and if I've read your post right you do, zip/rar your pages and attach for us to look at to trouble shoot. (Remebering to remove any content you don't wish people to see!)

Or if all the links in your left hand navigation bar open links in the main section, just set a base target in the head section, then you shouldn't have to worry about individual links:
Code:

Back