Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dreambox newbie questions

ckdub

Inactive User
Hi I am thinking of purchasing a Dreambox and need some advice

I want to be able to use the cardsharing capabilities. I think the 500 series are capable of that. Is that correct. I have a broadband connection and a LinkSys router with Ethernet ports. Which one should I get ?

Also, how does one learn more about cardsharing. Are there people out there who are willing to share ? How does one find such kind individuals ?

Thanks for any help /advice you can offer.

Cormac

Yes the Dreambox 500s. Are you in Ireland also ? Do you have a Dreambox ?
Cormac

Hi ckdub

I also am getting a dreambox 500 s and im in Dublin Have you got yours up and working and how hard was it also what special features does the dreambox have . I am getting the dreambox because Im ok with linux:handball: but I know nothing ( YET!!! ) about satellites

Haven't made the decision yet. Still trying to learn about what channels I will be able to get.
Cardsharing seems to be the way to get the UK channels we would be looking for BUT I don't know if how to find folks who are willing to share.

Ck

as far as I know mine will come ready for n*l but I dont know anything about card sharing (but I do understant WHAT it is ) Might I suggest you spend some quality time reading different post espically in this section I have seen quite a few refenences to sharing . but I dont plan to do it as I understand I will be able to get about 100 FTA channels anyway and that will do for a start ( provided there not all bluddy crap!!! )

the n*l solution you mention obviusly implies your gonna get a cable Dreambox.

I was thinking of the satellite option.

Question for the board : Can a Dreambox 500S be adapted to become a 500C by just changing or adding a Cable tuner ?

Back