Dreambox at another address

daza52

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Does anybody know if it would be possible for this set up:

Sly multiroom subscription at 1 address, all premium channels. Box 1 is used and watched daily and is connected to the phone line, box 2 would NOT be used and would be left in standby, also connected to the phone line.

Could a dreambox be cloned to appear as though it were box 2 and installed at another address with the original viewing card from box 2, bearing in mind this would mean box 2 no longer had a card in it (not an issue as it would not be watched) but would still be connected to the telephone line... would this allow sly to make the necessary callbacks to box 2 still or would the viewing card also need to be present for that?

Hope that's not as confusing as it looks to me! lol

Many thanks for any help,

Daz

:Cheers:

If I've understood you correctly then it wouldn't work as the 2nd Sky box would still need the card inserted whilst connected to the phone line.

The Sky card will certainly work in the Dreambox and recieve updates etc no problem, but it has no modem to dial home to Sky.

If I were you I'd Google c*rd sh*ring and invest in another Dreambox. ;)

you wouldnt be able to use a sly box along with a dreambox m8. youd either have to have all sly boxes, connected to the same phone line with a card in each one, or all dreamboxes, one card, and a LOT of possibilities ;)

Back