[DOWNLOAD] VU+solo2 Helios clone safe image

great been using this for past few days, only thing i noticed sometimes when coming out of standby, i have the HDMI CEC set so when i power on the box the tv comes on aswell and also turns it off when on standby so dont need to use tv remote

sometimes i get no sound, but when i go into audio settings and change source it comes back, is this a bug in the image ? , it doesn't happen all the time

Thanks
Happens on my sony tv too, the sound has to be toggled. for now it has stopped. i toggle downmix to on and leave it or off and leave it, whatever works

Happens on my sony tv too, the sound has to be toggled. for now it has stopped. i toggle downmix to on and leave it or off and leave it, whatever works

Sound is a vu driver issue..

Hi turn off audio effect , 3d sound, and issue never came back, this image is really stable aint rebooted for almost 2 weeks, not a single issue, :) thanks

Thanks AJT for uploading this image.
Seems a nice image but I've a load of hassle setting this up. BH image seems a breeze compared to this and it should be more or less the same or this should be easier if anything.

Could also just be me lol.

I'll explain; first of all after setting up the cam and having the special files in place the channels just wouldn't clear at all. After a lot of time trying numerous things people had suggested on here and other forums I still couldn't sort it.

I can't remember why but I came to the conclusion that my box wasn't talking to the server so after testing the network settings it kept failing on the IP address until I entered the DNS of my service provider which I haven't had to do in the past.

The channels start clearing then.

However I've ended up having to set the box to DHCP to get the network test to go all green as it kept failing on "nameserver".

Now last night after doing that I got some channels to clear and then after a full scan I got them all clearing but on a lot of channels I was getting no sound.

I'd had enought last night so switched off and lef it.

Tonight I have come back in from work and now a lot of the channels are missing and I've tried doing all the usual scans but still nothing??

Driving me nuts!

Little update:
Started again from scratch and got it up and running and all channels working withing 15 minutes. What I have noticed though is some channels keep going off and I have to restart MGcamd1.35a to get them back on.
The sound also goes off on some of the channels and restarting the cam sorts this also. For me anyhow.

Little update:
Started again from scratch and got it up and running and all channels working withing 15 minutes. What I have noticed though is some channels keep going off and I have to restart MGcamd1.35a to get them back on.
The sound also goes off on some of the channels and restarting the cam sorts this also. For me anyhow.
If

If mgcamd stops working then you might have the log option enabled in mg_cfg, you need to set L to { 00 }

# network retry, use summ for several options
# 00 disable
# 01 retry every new ecm
# 02 try to connect to offline shares every Q: seconds
# 04 try to detect and fast reconnect to lost (and not used atm) server
# + XX messages number and YY seconds to reconnect
# mg will reconnect to server, if no answer to last XX ecm/keepalive or
# if no answer for last ecm or keepalive sent for YY seconds
# set to 0 to disable
N: { 07 } 5 30

or they changing { 07 } to

{ 04 }

If

If mgcamd stops working then you might have the log option enabled in mg_cfg, you need to set L to { 00 }

Thanks for the advice mate but it was indeed set to that already.

@smirnoff_rules I've made the changed you've suggested so fingers crossed that will sort it. Thanks to you also for the advice.

Appreciate the help guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately that change didn't work :(

Might try another image over the weekend.

tried this image but it bricked my box (yes i have a clone) should this work with my vu solo2?
thanks

tried this image but it bricked my box (yes i have a clone) should this work with my vu solo2?
thanks

It should work for a solo2 mate yes.
What happened exactly after install?

It bricked my box.. after restart of the reciever it was stuck on the startup.. and just purple vu+solo screen on tv.. but i flashed with factory firmware which was Blackhole 2.0.4 and everything was back to normal.. was hopeing to get a back up image with all uk plugins

i could do software update without anyproblems on my solo v3

its safe to update with v3 v3a and not v2 but you could update your box to v3 look at ferrari site once its up

seems like we have only one legend and our hero is sir Toysoft

Last edited by a moderator:
Back