does working through the adaptor rather than the battery make laptop response quicker

bingcro2

Member ++
Reaction score
when i boot up battery showing to be full. After seconds i need to plug in adaptor as showing empty battery.I notice a slowing down of my laptop through the adaptor rather than when battery was working ok help please. also do you know if i can get compatable replacement battery cheaper than the makers brand

Re: does working through the adaptor rather than the battery make laptop response qui

I know my laptop automatically restricts the CPU when the adapter is unplugged, you may simply need to adjust the settings in your power options.

Re: does working through the adaptor rather than the battery make laptop response qui

Amazon are doing batteries now - be careful with some third parties as they can be of poor quality...

Batteries for most laptops are available on fleabay at reasonable prices.
Most come from China/Hong Kong etc. although they claim to come from the UK.
I assume they may keep stock in the UK.

Some suppliers are ok but my Nephew bought a battery the other day for £17 but the supplier claimed it was lost in the post 2 days later and offered a refund. Checking the listing for the battery they had put the price up to £45. I have bought some batteries from here before without any real hastle.

thanks to all for replying will have a look on internet for new batteries,went to currys they gave me a site on internet price forty quid plus six quid posting.

Your old battery isn't holding it's charge anymore, hence needing to plug power in after a few seconds. It's very common after a few years. If you do buy from a so called 'UK' supplier on Ebay then don't expect it's listed capacity to be accurate. I can't remember the last time I bought any kind of battery that wasn't retail to be what it says on the label.

I have completely knackerd 2 brand new laptops using cheap chargers of ebay, completely fried the power unit and board quickest £500 I have ever lost... Not the same as just a battery but I would not even risk it take Vectorz advice and make sure you buy a proper retail battery worth every penny anyway, just scout round google for a discount.

Hi, yes, the cpu speed will be restricted in an effort to reduce power consumption. You will also ntice that the screen brightness will be higher on the mains adapter than on batts. Hope this helps.

thanks again for all you help especially re buying batteries

Back