documents going to printer every 2 minutes

wizbit77

Inactive User
Reaction score
Wonder if anyone can help.
there is a document being sent to my printer every two minutes. It's causing me problems as it means I can't get anything I want to print to print.
The printer is a brother MFC 235c and I'm using a dell demension pc.
The document seems to be self generating I.e. I haven't been trying to print anything. I have cleared the cache several times.
The document is 87 bytes and is RAW and from winprint. But other thatn that it doesn't have any details.
I thought it might of been some kind of annoying virus so I have done eset scans but this has not picked anything up.
Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Wizbit77

weird one dude, have you run any malware/spyware scans? malwarebytes, spybot and adaware are some good free ones.
have you tried deleting the printer and totally removing the print driver (right click on an empty space in the printers folder and select server properties, then drivers, then delete what isn't required), then reinstalling?
what o/s are you using?

Have you got more than one printer? If you change your default to another and then it still prints out of there, could be a virus.

Could be a virus anyway though...

Did you try a system restore back to before this problem happened? (if you've already done what the good guys above have already suggested that is). I know nod32 is a good anti-virus.

You've probably got this, plus what the other guys suggested, but if not, try AVG free anti-virus software:

AVG FREE (anit-virus)
AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

See if that'll find it m8. But, as has been said before, WEIRD THAT ONE!

Last edited:
Thanks for your help.
Downloaded spy bot and that found a load of crap and removed it.
It appears that their was a bit of a document that had previously failed to print which was being recycled. Can't understand it as I had cleared and purged the printer on several occasions.
Can only think that the program trying to print was working in the background and kept resending it all the time.
Sorry to have put you all to the time and effort over something so trivial.
Wizbit77

Don't think you put anyone out by highlighting your problem. The sad thing with windows is that after all these years printing is still a problem on times. Guess if nothing else it proves we might need to think a little more about our answers.

You are correct in your assumtion though re the document being respooled in the printer que.

Back