do NOT run the PSP Emulator - you WILL brick your PS3!!!!

Midnight Tboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
please take note of this and don't attempt to run it

Early today, a new member calling himself TeamICE posted a file, and couple of screenshots, and a legit looking readme with details on how to get PSP games running on the PS3.

Sadly, to say before I had a chance to lock this thread: PSP Emulator

A few people had already bricked their PS3 consoles.

Hopefully our PS3 Guru's can help them out, and come up with a working solution to get them back into playing games on your PS3.

This horrible person had also posted the same crap on other PS3 forums, including PS3HAX, which have also posted this warning!

If you see anyone posting this again, or trying to pass it around please use the "report user" option here on the forums.

if anybody has run it, then it can be recovered by using the recovery menu.

thanks deedie
just found the post

PS3 Recovery menu features

1. Restart system – reboots system to XMB.
2. Restore default settings – resets all system setting to the default factory values. Does not delete data.
3. Restore file system – checks for corrupt/missing system files.
4. Rebuild database – rebuilds the PS3 OS. Does not delete data.
5. Restore PS3 system – resets entire PS3. Deletes all data and resets settings to factory defaults.
6. System update – updates the firmware on the Ps3.

Instructions

1. Turn off the PlayStation 3 and leave it on stand-by
2. Hold down the power button. You will here one beep as you touch the button and another a few seconds later. The PS3 should turn itself off again.
3. Hold down the power button down once again. You will here a beep as you touch followed by another single beep a few seconds later.
4. Take you finger off the power button when you hear last more two beeps In quick succession).
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB.
6. Press the PS button and you should see the recovery menu.

I can imagine a lot of kids getting stung by this one.

I hope they realise it's easily sorted.

Back