(dm800se) project-valerie extension

That looks very nice m8,will stick this on later,

For anybody wondering what it is,its kinda like XBMC for your E2 receiver :)

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

has anyone tried this yet, I am trying to install it without success. Is it just a case of extracting the file and ftp it to the temp directory and install from the menu. It seemed to go through some sort of wizard once but nothing since.

has anyone tried this yet, I am trying to install it without success. Is it just a case of extracting the file and ftp it to the temp directory and install from the menu. It seemed to go through some sort of wizard once but nothing since.

yip if it installed with no errors reboot
once back up and running press menu you should then see project val from there u can play and add your media locations then hit sync itl then download all the covers :)

cheers

osborne82

I've just got the same, installed OK went throught wizard OK. Rebooted and I cant see it anywhere in the menus or plugins...Strange...This on OpenPLI gjstroom build. I'll have another play with it.

Just installed it on OpenPLI seems to be working ok this end so far, shows up in the menu.

I sent it to the var/volatile/tmp folder then sent this command "opkg install /tmp/project-valerie_rev1007_mipsel_oe16.ipk" via telnet.

yeh tried the telnet thing first, didnt work.Then uninstalled it. Found you can directly install it from PLI downlaod server under extensions. installed it from there. Then showed under plugins. But gone after a reboot.

Fooking same here lol
Try again tomorrow

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Don't know why, but it's showing each recording on my hdd 3 times & it's misidentifying some of the recordings i have. i.e Idiot Abroad is now "Idiots & Armadillos" , Doctor Who "Horton Gives a Who" . Might just need a bit of tinkering with.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Don't know why, but it's showing each recording on my hdd 3 times & it's misidentifying some of the recordings i have. i.e Idiot Abroad is now "Idiots & Armadillos" , Doctor Who "Horton Gives a Who" . Might just need a bit of tinkering with.

it did that for me showed few films multiple times not untill i played with the settings for media location got it pointing towards /hdd and a network mount to /media/net then resync it and it sorted it
one or two are identfied wrong too but theres also a webif at yourdreamip:8888 u can edit alsorts from here too

cheers
osborne82

ps image is ramiMAHER-v20 but also installed fine on newingma not tried the pli image yet as itl remind me too much of that tm800 junk lol

it did that for me showed few films multiple times not untill i played with the settings for media location got it pointing towards /hdd and a network mount to /media/net then resync it and it sorted it
one or two are identfied wrong too but theres also a webif at yourdreamip:8888 u can edit alsorts from here too

cheers
osborne82

ps image is ramiMAHER-v20 but also installed fine on newingma not tried the pli image yet as itl remind me too much of that tm800 junk lol

The RamiMaher v20 image does look quite nice, might have play with that image tonight. Theres posts on the PLI forum as well about Project Valerie issues.

Seems to work fine on RamiMaher v20 and also NewNigma. I tested it on both these image last night, it's a good little app, not as good as XBMC though, gets a lot of film names wrong in synchronisation.
I've now gone back to OpenPLI latest gjstroom build, media player on Newnigma was flakey..crackling audio when watching an xvid, dont get this problem with the same file on PLI. Also PLI runs faster.

Seems to work fine on RamiMaher v20 and also NewNigma. I tested it on both these image last night, it's a good little app, not as good as XBMC though, gets a lot of film names wrong in synchronisation.
I've now gone back to OpenPLI latest gjstroom build, media player on Newnigma was flakey..crackling audio when watching an xvid, dont get this problem with the same file on PLI. Also PLI runs faster.

have u guys using pli tried the nighlty build of project val not the stable build
from what iv read tis a skin prob what it dont show up (and sometimes green screens)

cheers

osborne82

have u guys using pli tried the nighlty build of project val not the stable build
from what iv read tis a skin prob what it dont show up (and sometimes green screens)

cheers

osborne82

I tried the September 20th Rev 1007 build. This went through setup wizard the rebooted but was then not in any of the menus. The version from PLI downlaod server installed, it then shows in plugins menu but if you reboot the reciever it disappears.

When I trialled it on newnigma you couldnt fast forward movies, it said somehting along the lines of "fast winding not implemented yet"..

I tried it on a few images and it always disapears after reboot. Tried it last night on new enigma and when going through wizard it says media player update available. After update it rebooted and it had disapeared again. Reinstalled it but didnt do the media player update and its not sowing in the menu even after reboot. In the movies folder it shows multiple copies of the same movie.

Back