dm800se - Internal WiFi or External USB WiFi ?

thought would work ok

glad you sorted mate

Hi,

I managed to get the OpenPLi image working with the dm800se internal WiFi. It was a straightforward FTP to the dm800se of later versions of the WirelessLan files than those included in the image.

After a restart of the dm800se and configuration of the WiFi network it is all running OK.

Cdmt
Pimpi
Hi just for info the image i posted is based on openpli 2.1.

Hi just for info the image i posted is based on openpli 2.1.

AJT,

Yes, I downloaded the image that you uploaded and am considering trying it out. I do prefer the clean OpenPLi images that are free from additional stuff. The one you uploaded was by Aguda with his mods etc and was around 10mb larger than the clean OpenPLi images of gjstroom. I managed to get one of the clean OpenPLi images from gjstroom to work with my WiFi by overwriting the WirelessLan folder files with newer versions. For me, that is a nice solution as I keep the clean OpenPLi image from gjstroom and I have the WiFi operational.

I know it has been said many times but the clone dm800se is a cracking little box, well worth the money in my opinion.

Cdmt
Pimpi

AJT,

Yes, I downloaded the image that you uploaded and am considering trying it out. I do prefer the clean OpenPLi images that are free from additional stuff. The one you uploaded was by Aguda with his mods etc and was around 10mb larger than the clean OpenPLi images of gjstroom. I managed to get one of the clean OpenPLi images from gjstroom to work with my WiFi by overwriting the WirelessLan folder files with newer versions. For me, that is a nice solution as I keep the clean OpenPLi image from gjstroom and I have the WiFi operational.

I know it has been said many times but the clone dm800se is a cracking little box, well worth the money in my opinion.

Cdmt
Pimpi

yep i agree with the box senterment..I started off with dm800 was getting a bit worn out so flogged it and i brought dm800se boy what a difference a box makes.I have discovered its all i need.

Back