Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

dm800se help

pspmixer

Inactive User
tried to flash my dreambox 800se with openpli image from there website but now get error on box screen
r01:no ca found

so I followed this tut and got stuck - Download

1 Sunray -Flashup for 800hdse

2 -- Because sometimes a patched image will not do the trick, i did chose for this manual the factory loaded image and the correct SSL82 for this box

1--- Connect USB cable to service slot on DM800SE/DM500HD and USB slot on Pc. Windows will then install the driver

You will notice, windows created a virtual Com Port connection to be be used ( in this case Com Port 4)

2 --- Switch Receiver off and connect Network cable Receiver and Router

3 --- Then Start SunRay- FlashUp, Tick Use Network, Fill the relevant boxes with local pc IP and Romote ip of your choose and click Connect.

Program will ask for you to Switch on the receiver.

4 -- It will then go into HTTP mode

5 -- At this stage, you open your browser and insert the romote IP shown on the 800LCD

Page will open as per bellow and then you chose the option Update Firmware.

6 --- Click Browse and navigate to your image

7 --- Chose the image and click Open

8 --- Now click Flash button

9 --- Image will start to

10 --- When it finishes you can click the back button of your browser so we can then send in the bl82 do not reboot

11 Browse and select the SSL82 for your DM800SE Clone

12 --- Once again Click Flash

13 -- After finishing click Reboot. In Most case you will need to do so manually

Box will then reboot and come back to life with image we chose to load. Then you can load your Patched image of your coice as box is functional again

I only got to step eight as browser wont move on so tried two different browser all do the same and don't move from flash page loading bar doesn't appear
on ie 10 I put into compatibility mode and after I press flash it comes up saying INVALID IMAGE (OR OLD VERSION)
even though I got from openpli website newest version for se box
file is a .nfi file

any help on this would be greatfull thanks

ro1 no ca found is because you have used the wrong bootloader ! what sim ? try a different image ! also make sure your using the right bootloader for the image !

Also remember you cannot use original openpli images on a clone box unless you have A8P sim

sent using my telepathic powers

ro1 no ca found is because you have used the wrong bootloader ! what sim ? try a different image ! also make sure your using the right bootloader for the image !
sim2
bootloader ? im using sunray - flash if that wont you mean by bootloader
I downloaded the se image from openpli website

which image would you recommend I can use with cable tuner and also looking to get cccam plugin on to box too
I was told openpli image is best to download that plugin as one I had before from supplier it couldn't do that

Also remember you cannot use original openpli images on a clone box unless you have A8P sim

no I didn't I used se image from openpli website

TBH I don't know about a cable clone dreambox image ? one thing you cant use a original openpli image because that's for a genuine dreambox and not a clone box unless you have the A8Psim and as you have a sim2 ! one thing put a post too see if anyone would recommend a image for you !!

If you got the image from the openpli website then it was an original image as they don't create images for clones,

As for cable images I have no idea

some one told me I need to flash the ssll84 then the image then ssll 84 again (what is ssll84 too)
where can I get that for my box then
link to where got image from Download | OpenPLi - Open Source Set-Top Box Software

That link is the official OpenPli site they dont support clones,try an image from our downloads,
but if it is a cable box you have then we dont have cable images here and I'm not sure where you will get one

some one told me I need to flash the ssll84 then the image then ssll 84 again (what is ssll84 too)
link to where got image from Download | OpenPLi - Open Source Set-Top Box Software

you have a CLONE dreambox ! the openpli software is for a GENUINE dreambox !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it will not work !!! the only way it will work is if you change your sim2 to a A8Psim
the bootloader ssl84 is for a GENUINE dreambox or a clone dreambox with a A8Psim !!
the reason you get ro1 no ca found !! is because you used the WRONG bootloader !!!
the only bootloader you can use is a CLONE bootloader like the ssl82 , ssl84a , ssl84b
from what ive read on this forum most people use the clone bootloader ssl84b !!

ALSO AS YOU HAVE A CLONE CABLE DREAMBOX
I don't know what image will work with this cable box !!

you have a CLONE dreambox ! the openpli software is for a GENUINE dreambox !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it will not work !!! the only way it will work is if you change your sim2 to a A8Psim
the bootloader ssl84 is for a GENUINE dreambox or a clone dreambox with a A8Psim !!
the reason you get ro1 no ca found !! is because you used the WRONG bootloader !!!
the only bootloader you can use is a CLONE bootloader like the ssl82 , ssl84a , ssl84b
from what ive read on this forum most people use the clone bootloader ssl84b !!

ALSO AS YOU HAVE A CLONE CABLE DREAMBOX
I don't know what image will work with this cable box !!

update I flash box with ssll84 then tried image but says invalid - here is log from sunray - flash
3:24:58 PM box type: DM800SE
3:25:10 PM Calculating checksum...
3:25:11 PM Uploading file to box...
3:25:14 PM box is flashing from its memory...
3:25:14 PM OK, flash-copy succeeded
3:25:22 PM Calculating checksum...
3:25:24 PM Uploading file to box...
3:35:33 PM box is flashing from its memory...
3:35:35 PM Flashing failed (!!! 010 INVALID IMAGE (OR OLD VERSION)), box will be unusable now!!

can any recommend a good image which I can download plugins with a cable tuner thanks

Saying that it is a cable box mixes things up. The receiver is the same. The mistakes the OP are making are bootloader/understanding related, nothing to do with the type of receiver. Yes he may end up with issues later, but the box can be somewhat functional.

The process I use is.

1. Flash required bootloader. If this cannot be done by Interenet explorer other software required.
2. Reboot
3. Flash image using Internet Explorer. DO NOT REBOOT
4. Open new window or change address in Internet Explorer
5. Flash required bootloader
6. Reboot

The question that needs to be answered first is:

What Sim card is in the receiver? This will determine what bootloader is required and also what images he can use. Either check receipt or open the box and look taking care not to snap the sim holder.

Can I ask what made you get a cable tuner version?
as I got told with cccam can get channels like sat box can
Its the tuner that is cable, not the receiver.
yeah its just tuner can easy put sat tuner if I like but want to try get cable working on it

Saying that it is a cable box mixes things up. The receiver is the same. The mistakes the OP are making are bootloader/understanding related, nothing to do with the type of receiver. Yes he may end up with issues later, but the box can be somewhat functional.

The process I use is.

1. Flash required bootloader. If this cannot be done by Interenet explorer other software required.
2. Reboot
3. Flash image using Internet Explorer. DO NOT REBOOT
4. Open new window or change address in Internet Explorer
5. Flash required bootloader
6. Reboot

The question that needs to be answered first is:

What Sim card is in the receiver? This will determine what bootloader is required and also what images he can use. Either check receipt or open the box and look taking care not to snap the sim holder.

got sim 2 in box

Thats just nit picking on your behalf,

He can flash what ever image he likes once he follows what I said about not using genuine images unless using an A8P sim,

whether he will get any channels clearing is another story.

EDIT: Moved to correct section

Last edited:
Thats just nit picking on your behalf,

He can flash what ever image he likes once he follows what I said about not using genuine images unless using an A8P sim,

whether he will get any channels clearing is another story.

EDIT: Moved to correct section

where can I buy just sim card then thanks

where can I buy just sim card then thanks

You dont need to m8 you can use a clone image but I dont know how to then configure it to use the cable tuner,

It wont be any easier to configure if you get the A8P sim.

Do you have access to a provider for your "premium" channels on cable or have you been led to believe if you put the OpenPli image on they will appear like magic,

I'm not trying to be smart but I think you may have been given some bad information

CS occurs on cable but information is not widely available. So I feel you will have to come to the sat side. The tuners are roughly £35.

For the time being, you can get some function of your receiver and play around with settings. You will only get a few free channels.

For stages 1 and 5 use the following bootloader file. This is the file to be installed, not the file used to install it.
[Bootloader]sim2_800SE_SSL84B - Downloads - DigitalWorldz - Satellite, Cable, Console Forums
For stage 3, try the following image
[BackUp] DW v1.1 ** - Downloads - DigitalWorldz - Satellite, Cable, Console Forums

You can use Iplayer plugins etc on the image.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back