DM800HD keeps crashing - EPG/Downloads etc

yiddo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Not sure exactly whats happened, but I have been trying to get mkv's playing (long story) but now whenever I am trying to download the latest EPG (satmateUK) the box just crashed with a green screen and info dump.

When trying to get mkv's playing I used to get an error saying 'Gstreamer plugin AVI demuxer not available' so I went to the addons manager and downloaded a couple of plugins... Media Center 0.9.3, Media Player Deluxe 0.5, Movie Tool and VLC Players. The only one that 'looked' like it installed as it was the only one that let me uninstall was Media Player Deluxe 0.5

When installing VLC it gave me the error below...

img0476t0.jpg

Ever since doing all of this, I have tried to run My Tube Player and download the EPG and both crash with the green screen.

I'm using the Dream Elite OE 1.6 image.

I've managed to get the EPG working by copying over a new Deliteepgproviders.cfg - the Youtube I'm not bothered about.

So how to get mkv's playing then ? Also, if I have to stream from PC thats fine, how can I get VLC installed if I keep getting that error ?

Epg's can be prone to making your box crash especially Satmate, I think the media player/vlc etc is the wrong version for your image kernel, i think that is whats making them crash. If you have an oe 1.6 image it must then be plugin's compatible with oe 1.6 image.

Try to find a newer version of vlc plugin and see if it will overwrite and install, I take it you are opening vlc player on the pc when your trying to stream?

Last edited:
Yeah.

I have vlc installed now and I can browse the video files no problem now, but VLC player on the PC just gives an error....

File reading failed:
VLC could not open the file "G:\movies\The.Event.S01E01.720p.mkv+:sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=2000,venc=ffmpeg{strict-rc=1},width=720,height=576,canvas-width=720,canvas-height=576,canvas-aspect=4:3,fps=25,acodec=mp3,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:std{access=http,mux=ts{pid-video=68,pid-audio=69},dst=/dream1948572692.ts}+:sout-all+:sout-keep".
Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'G:\movies\The.Event.S01E01.720p.mkv+:sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=2000,venc=ffmpeg{strict-rc=1},width=720,height=576,canvas-width=720,canvas-height=576,canvas-aspect=4:3,fps=25,acodec=mp3,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:std{access=http,mux=ts{pid-video=68,pid-audio=69},dst=/dream1948572692.ts}+:sout-all+:sout-keep'. Check the log for details.

Open up vlc again on your pc, then go into settings and input/codecs i think then set the port to 8080 like it is on the dreambox and see if that helps any.

it's possibly nothing to do with that but it should be set the same, also on the dm you can try to change these setting's about to see if that helps any,

Video Bitrate:
Video Resolution:
Overscan Correction:
Audio Codec.

Don't know if any of this will help, but wortha try.

Sorry only just came back to the PC, was messing around there. I have had to try over 10 different versions of VLC to get it running a bit better.

v1.0.0 seems to be ok so far, although video is pretty jerky almost exectly at 2 second intervals it just jerks for a moment and then just keeps repeating on that 2 second loop.

Tried all diff resolutions and bitrates.

No worrys mate, i know only to well what it's like trying to get things working. I honestly don't know what else you can try, ive been reading different guides for it, i cant actually get it to stream on one of my boxes because it wont work over wireless, and the one thats connected via cable iv'e never tried, from what iv'e read various places some people seem to get it to stream no bother and other people can't et it to work no matter what. I'm sorry kinda running out of ideas here, just hope someone else can help you out.

No worrys mate, i know only to well what it's like trying to get things working. I honestly don't know what else you can try, ive been reading different guides for it, i cant actually get it to stream on one of my boxes because it wont work over wireless, and the one thats connected via cable iv'e never tried, from what iv'e read various places some people seem to get it to stream no bother and other people can't et it to work no matter what. I'm sorry kinda running out of ideas here, just hope someone else can help you out.

I appreciate the help, thanks mate.

I'm now on to v1.1.1 and its a little better but not quite watchable.

This is way to much of a head**** to get working.

Might have to try a different method like Play2Dream or something.

Back