DM7020 LCD Display

Tobycat

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just bought a DM7020. The LCD display on this unit is not backlit - is that normal or do I have a fault with this one ? Not easy to read.

mine is backlit orange m8, but it can be turned off in the menu somewhere, might be worth looking there, i think its in the settings menu

Right, I've found the LCD Setting on the menu. It has a brightness and contract adjustment, and you can reverse the display. I've put maximum brightness and no backlight, so it must be a defect that I have on this machine.

Last edited:
id take the unit back to the place purchsed for a replacement

otherwise you could open the box and make sure that the cable is that holds the LCD to the mainboard is firmly in place. opening the box will void your warranty.

good luck.

Thanks m8 I'll give it a try. Unfortunately I bought this as a new unit through Ebay. I contacted the buyer but he has gone awol.

Had similiar problem with 7000s . No backlight on lcd and remote not working correctly .Opened box to find a loose connection between board and front panel and since i don`t have any soldering tools at home i just inserted pins into the plug and stick it together with a bit of glue. I know it`s not very profesional but does the job - no more problems after. So if you can`t get hold of the seller simply open the box and see what`s exactly happening there.

Back