DM600's PVR functionality

cdy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm considering getting a DM600s. Before I go ahead I wonder if anybody can advise me on the box's PVR functionality. Am I correct in thinking that tha DM600 is generally supplied with an internal hard-drive? Also, can anybody advise what the box's time-shift funtionality is like? I've read confliting views in other posts - so say it causes the box to freeze, others report no problems. Any experinces, fellas?
Many thanks

why not an 800 ? the 600's are old like.......but yes you can fit a HDD to the 600....

thanks for the info. my understanding is the 800 is basically the 600 with hd. since hd isn't particularly important me the cheaper 600 model looks like a good option!

see i can't do that, if i know it's got some thing on that i don't have (HDMI) then i got to have one, it was less than 34 minutes after buying the 800 that the "SE" version come out and it was still warm and i was wrapping her back up.....alas had a lot on so she's stayed, i then i must admit that hought that the support wasn't as much as the 800se and therefore was safer to go with a dream 800 which of course in the future the support for the SE can,and will only get better, then i seen that you can have colour logos on the front of it, and a lot more, booting time etc.(makes me wanna sell it! )....but go for it man, just don't pay the same as the better versions if you can get extras that at this moment you might think you don't want......i used to sit 20 inches from a 50mhz rear screen projector, bit like what you'd find at the bingo or some seedy "one arm bandit" betting shop near where i live (high street!) to a full on HDMI wanga set up, it was like my eyes were having sex and a couple of shots of jack d's and some disco lights and a smoke machine in the socket!, and then through a pair of "contact lenses" in the mix and I've been walking about with my bottom jaw on the floor, have to pick it up every time i change a channel and look at the window for that matter in fact. ! not that good close up i must admit, my food that is not the tv, after fitting the old contact lenses it's great i can see for 3000miles and read a car registration from 8 mile away, but through me a Gregg's pasty and I'll be lucky if i can focus on it, could be filled with dog food at the minute, that's another story though mate and i guess I'm just waffling (talking Shiite some might say!...lol)

Good luck buddy.

hahahaha! I might give the 800 a go. Actually, I've just been reading somewhere that the x403p hd is a good alternative.

The 600 is a good reciever PVR, timeshift etc all works well on these. But they are quite old now. They only support internal IDE hard disc (not SATA), they dont have any USB support and are SD as well as being Enigma 1 based. Still superior EPG and plugins support compared to a Openbox though, 7 day Rytec EPG to hard disk etc.. Multiple images available as per any model Dreambox software choice is second to none.

A 800HD is NOT a 600 with added HD. The 800 has better hardware, 333mhz cpu, Enigma 2, USB, internal SATA.

Thaks for the info, gsmtech. What is the sort of price one should expect to pay for an 800HD and how does the x403p hd (a box somebody recommended to me) compare? Many thanks.

800hd prices if you purchase a 800HD PRO clone from a China supplier around 120 quid delivered. As far as the x403p goes I dont own one dont know much about them but spec on paper looks OK, very similar looking box to a S9/S10 says it has support for CCCAM 2.14 and 2.21 as well. So for basic CS and TV watching probably fine.
Just dont expect the same software quality and feature set you get with Open Source Enigma1 and Engima2 recievers. But if you just want TV with no bells and whistles, should be fine. EPG is probably crap though now/next like most lower tier recievers

800hd prices if you purchase a 800HD PRO clone from a China supplier around 120 quid delivered. As far as the x403p goes I dont own one dont know much about them but spec on paper looks OK, very similar looking box to a S9/S10 says it has support for CCCAM 2.14 and 2.21 as well. So for basic CS and TV watching probably fine.
Just dont expect the same software quality and feature set you get with Open Source Enigma1 and Engima2 recievers. But if you just want TV with no bells and whistles, should be fine. EPG is probably crap though now/next like most lower tier recievers
Thanks for this, gsmtech. Is it standard for lower-tier receivers top have poor EPGs?
Yes, all I want is a no-bells-attached box for watching TV. Only feature that I really want is time-shift. Are the 800hd pro clones reasonably reliable? My concern is that anything with the word "clone" attached is a rip-off and probably poorply-made. My second concern, with any DM box, is that they seem increadibly complicated to set up, esp for a pretty clueless newb! Many thanks again.

m8 the dm600 would be similar to operate as the dm800se and you have said in another thread that you would consider the 800se to be to complicated to set up. The dm600 is not hd either.

Hi guys, I'm considering getting a DM600s. Before I go ahead I wonder if anybody can advise me on the box's PVR functionality. Am I correct in thinking that tha DM600 is generally supplied with an internal hard-drive? Also, can anybody advise what the box's time-shift funtionality is like? I've read confliting views in other posts - so say it causes the box to freeze, others report no problems. Any experinces, fellas?
Many thanks

m8 the dm600 would be similar to operate as the dm800se and you have said in another thread that you would consider the 800se to be to complicated to set up. The dm600 is not hd either.

That's right. And I've repeated that concern above. It's the one issue putting me off getting a DreamBox.

Clones are generally well built and reliable early 800HD clones had tuner issues prior to RevM but this was resolved a long time ago.
I have owned Dm500C and S, DM600S, DM800HD, DM800HD PRO, DM80SE clones. All of them were fine and trouble free with the exception of a Rev L3 tuner on an early 800HD clone which was swapped for a Rev M tuner.
Im still using DM500S, DM500C and DM800SE clones. Recently sold my 800HD PRO clones. So "clone" does not mean poor quality.

That's good to know. Thanks again, gsmtech. You've been very helpful.

and don't forget were all here to help as well, i mean take me for example, i came across the site when i purchased a dream box and it was in German, didn't have a clue, logged in for a file for the "sagem" < old cable box.........lol here i am 6 years later! lololol.......good luck man, have a read and a little understanding.....then fire any questions etc.....

Last edited:
Thanks for the support, Dibbers. Your story reminds me of my own, only in a different, totaly unrelated, forum which I joined 6 yrs ago with a single question only to find myself, 6 yrs later, a VIP member with a couple of thousand posts under my belt.

Back