Dm500s reboot when feed connected

flickster

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got a weird prob here guys, i set my neighbours dm500s and alinged dish no prob with just feed from lnb to sat box (for quickness) on 28e, later, after i drilled through wall and straight feed to box, it reboots when feed is connected, if i screw feed from box, it boots no prob, but no pic (signal) is in, tried box at mine, boots no prob with my feed in, and clears all channels, anyone come across this?? tried swapping tv's as main one is about 7yrs old (old plasma with seperate tuner) but tried also a 22" lcd new from tesco,, still same, any help be appreciated guys, is there anything as too much signal strength from his dish that might do this??weird!!

Do you have a dual or quad LNB you could plug the box into.
A different LNB port on your neighbours dish.

You should get FTA if all working.
Use sat finder on the box to ensure good enough signal.

got it sorted m8, realigned the dish and np now, weird how it kept re-booting when dish was slightly off, cheers for reply m8

I've had a similar prob. It would boot on to a channel that wasn't decoded, as soon as i turned to any channel i would switch back to the image splash screen, thought it was the LNB but turned out to be a power supply issue.

yea something wierd with that image, if you use it on a motor then take it to somewhere without a motor and it's on the wrong sat it sometimes goes into the reboot loop.

sorry to hijack this thread but I am also having some kind of simular problem.

Tried to stick a dish up, now i know that it is not aligned and I have to try and do that but when the 500 is on 28.e it seems like its rebooting or making a clicking noise but when i change it to 19.2 it doesnt make any noise and the screen stays blank.

Any ideas please as I can not even leave it on 28.e to even try and align and check teh dish as it keeps clicking and the only thing i can do it switch it off from the mains.

Edit : Sorry am using Pli jade image

Thanks

Do you get the menu or anything when on 19.2? i guess it's motorised what about thor what does that do.
i would move it to 19.2 then change it to a single satellite and search that, or flash it with nabilosat darkstar 2 :)

Do you get the menu or anything when on 19.2? i guess it's motorised what about thor what does that do.
i would move it to 19.2 then change it to a single satellite and search that, or flash it with nabilosat darkstar 2 :)

Arrrghh just remembered when I installed the image I had changed the menu to dual sat's, so I should change that back first.

No its not a motorised system. Ill change it to single sat and try again.

Thanks for your reply mate,ill get back later once I chage it and try once again

Back