Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

dm500 hd clone

Not 500hd but 800hd and works ok really.
If you get a good one then it will go for ages but if you get a duff one then it will give you problem after problem, thats what i found really.

For sd they are fine.
If you want hd then you really need to look at alternatives.
If I was buying a new hd box then I would be looking at the vu+ boxes.

As I said though for sd the the dm500 (they are all clones now) are excellent boxes.

Last edited:
hi is anybody got one of these boxs any can give me there first impression of them

Clone 500hd is supposed to be coming out just before christmas, they are meant to be cheaper than a 800hd.

I think the 800hd is ok for hd, and if you watch where you buy they are ok, but if i hd the cash i would go for a Vu+.

I have a feeling clone teams are going to start pushing the DM500HD clones as soon as they are released...might see support for new bootloaders patches etc for DM800HD start to slow down..as they try to encourage 500HD sales...

Got a DM800HD clone and a VU+ Duo.

World of difference between the two, VU+ much more responsive, handles all the divx and most of the MKVs i throw at it (some audio issues with non AAC MKVs), the VIX image for VU+ is now the best Enigma 2 image I've tried. Lots of plug ins that actually work for it and don't crash the system, the likes of the IMDB info (instead of EPG info) is awesome for movies and HD youtube streaming is really good.

Anyway I understand the VU+ duo is expensive but I'd think I would still try to find even the difference to buy the VU+ solo rather than a DM800 if I was to buy again.

I have a feeling clone teams are going to start pushing the DM500HD clones as soon as they are released...might see support for new bootloaders patches etc for DM800HD start to slow down..as they try to encourage 500HD sales...

Started already if you have a look on the clone forum, oh sorry the "Ferrari" forum they are already telling people not to buy the 800hd as it's old hardware, wait a few weeks on the new 500hd, so i would think the ferrari team will be dropping support for the 800hd sooner rather than later.

does the genuine dm500hd not have hardware issues itself like overheating etc or am i talking rubbish?

does the genuine dm500hd not have hardware issues itself like overheating etc or am i talking rubbish?

They now come with a fan in them, so does the new 800hdse, but the size of them i still think they will get mad hot. Iv'e heard the 500hd suffers from slow booting, and they were prone to crashing, but maybe that's sorted out now.

got a DM500HD clone coming my way on tues/weds
i believe these can be flashed with nabilo BH v12
will give my verdict and view once tested

Back