DM 500 and oscam

right,

internally on one network it was all working fine so I replaced the ip address in the cws line with dyndns address but the channels are nto being picked up. looking the log file for the client, it says can't open host??

I have check the port and it is open so not sure what the issue could be

Do I need to deifne a hostname user config file?

right,

internally on one network it was all working fine so I replaced the ip address in the cws line with dyndns address but the channels are nto being picked up. looking the log file for the client, it says can't open host??

I have check the port and it is open so not sure what the issue could be

Do I need to deifne a hostname user config file?

Emm why are you using cws lines?
I thought you wanted just Oscam running,or at worse Oscam and CCcam?

oscam is running fine without cccam

i am moving step further, I have a dm800se which I had connected on the same network via mgcamd but now I am trying to cconnect from a different network and I am having problems

sorry mate, I'll try and explain

mgcamd is client located on different IP address (different house)
oscam is server - different house

when setting up cws, I have replaced ip address with dyndns address so my cws line looks like this:

cws = xxx.dyndns.org port 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

is this correct?

Forget about cws altogether m8

If they must use mgcamd then give them a sealion as normal but put it in cccamd.list file in usr/keys or var/keys in their box :)

You could also try enabling newcamd protocol in oscam.conf

[newcamd]
port = 10000@0963:000000
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
keepalive = 1
mgclient = 1

then an account in oscam.user

[account]
user = mgcamd
pwd = password
group = 1
monlevel = 1
caid = 0963
ident = 0963:000000
au = 1

Finally a cws line in newcamd.list on the client

CWS = your.dns.org 10000 mgcamd password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

You would also need to forward newcamd port to your servers ip addy

You may also need to change the G:{} option to 1 and the B:{} to 6 in mg_cfg

Last edited:
nwcamd client works fin working internally and I was using the cws lines to communicated between the two boxes and cccam completely removed. But I was using internally IP address to in the cws line.

I changed the IP address to host address and opened the relevent port but cannot get the scrambled channels to work. The error seen on the log fil was can not open host!!

Looking at oscam commands, it appeas hostname is optional but would this be required fro remote card share? As at the moment the oscam server is not aware which ip will connect to it an only the username and password need to match

nwcamd client works fin working internally and I was using the cws lines to communicated between the two boxes and cccam completely removed. But I was using internally IP address to in the cws line.

I changed the IP address to host address and opened the relevent port but cannot get the scrambled channels to work. The error seen on the log fil was can not open host!!

Looking at oscam commands, it appears hostname is optional but would this be required for remote card share? As at the moment the oscam server is not aware which ip will connect to it an only the username and password need to match

Are you sure the port is open?
Check it on canyouseeme.org

Also does your cfgs look like the ones I posted above

particularly the mgclient = 1 option and presumeably you have newcamd protocol enabled

Other then that I'm stumped tbh,

Just give them sealion and be done with it :D

LOL
oscam.config

[global]
nice = -1
WaitForCards = 1
lb_mode = 0 (new)
lb_save = 100 (new)
logfile = stdout
failbantime = 10 (new2)
cachdelay = 120 (new2)
maxlogsize = 50 (new2)
preferlocalcards = 1
saveinithistory = 1

# logging

logfile = /var/log/oscam.log
usrfile = /var/log/oscamuser.log
cwlogdir = /opt/oscam/cw

# monitor

[monitor]
port = 988
nocrypt = 127.0.0.1
aulow = 120
monlevel = 1

[dvbapi]
enabled = 1
user = root
au = 1

[cs357x] (new2)
port = 1002 (new2)
serverip = 127.0.0.1 (new2)

# web interface

[webif]
httpport = 8888
httpuser = admin
httppwd = admin
httprefresh = 5
httpallowed = 127.0.0.1,192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255
httphideidleclients = 1 (new2)
httpreadonly = 0 (new2)
httpsavefullcfg = 0 (new2)

# protocols

[newcamd]
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
port = 15002@0963:000000
mgclient = 1

#[cccam]
#port = 34000
#version = 2.1.3
#build = 3165
#reshare = 0

oscam.server

[reader]
label = cardslot
enable = 1
protocol = internal
device = /dev/sci0
caid = 0963
detect = cd
mhz = 500
cardmhz = 357
ident = 0963:000000
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,2
blockemm-g = 1
blockemm-unknown = 1
lb_weight = 101
auprovid = 000963 (new3)

oscam.user

[account]
user = test1
description = for local mgcamd or DVBAPI
pwd = test2
disabled = 0
uniq = 1
group = 1
au = cardslot
caid = 0963:000000

#[account] (cccam)
#user = test3
#description = for local mgcamd or DVBAPI
#pwd = test4
#disabled = 0
#uniq = 1
#group = 1
#caid = 0963:000000
#sleep = 0 (new3)
#monlevel = 2 (new3)
#numusers = 0 (new3)
#penalty = 0 (new3)

[account] (newcamd - mgcamd)
user = test5
pwd = test6
#monlevel = 0
#uniq = 0
group = 1
au = cardslot
cccmaxhops = 1
cccreshare = 1
betatunnel =
caid = 0963:000000

I am actually enjoying the learnign process otherwise the backup is to go back to cccam as i had that working no porbs.

I have cccam protocol diabled as I am not using it on the server box as I have dvdapi enabled and using mgcamd on client box, maybe this is the problem! Do I need a cccam.cfgg file???

rechecked and can confirm port is open

Last edited:
OK well forgetting mgcamd for now,you need CCcam protocol enabled for clients that are using CCcam,

Once that's working then we can progress :)

Is there any reason your client has to use mgcamd?

only one or two clients (family) really and the whole point of using mgcamd was faster response time and minimising number of glitches/ freezes.

I was using cccam as server and client but using the vonet wirless dongle but it was causing alot of glitches. so I changed the image on the dm500s from commando to PLI and changed the server base to oscam.

I am almost their and I think I am making some stupid mistake like keys not matching or server address is not right.

I will have a play toomorrow otherwise will have to revert back to cccam

thanks for your help as always, much appriciated

only one or two clients (family) really and the whole point of using mgcamd was faster response time and minimising number of glitches/ freezes.

I was using cccam as server and client but using the vonet wirless dongle but it was causing alot of glitches. so I changed the image on the dm500s from commando to PLI and changed the server base to oscam.

I am almost their and I think I am making some stupid mistake like keys not matching or server address is not right.

I will have a play toomorrow otherwise will have to revert back to cccam

thanks for your help as always, much appriciated

If using oscam only then CCcam will be trouble free mate and give you good ecm times :)

i finally managed to get it working, for some reason i had to change the dyndns host address and re-enter it in the cws

another question, i have really used webinfo but can anyone tell me how to check connected users on webinfo anf look at the log files?

i finally managed to get it working, for some reason i had to change the dyndns host address and re-enter it in the cws

another question, i have really used webinfo but can anyone tell me how to check connected users on webinfo anf look at the log files?

I'm guessing you let your DNS lapse then?

Web info from oscam is your boxes IP address followed by :8888 unless you have changed this in oscam.conf :)

I use dnyns quite a bit with them and have a number of accounts, just created another one and it worked!

managed to log onto webinfo via firfox and all seems ok, one q, dvabpi user name appears as anonymous. is there any way of changing this?

what about the following files, are the necessary/ required to streamline :

oscam.whitelist
oscam.srvid
oscam.dvbapi
oscam.services
oscam.provid

Back