DM 500 and oscam

wurst666

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for a guide how to compile oscam on a DM 500.

Thanks in advance

I am in a similar position, just been learning about oscam? But had problems and had to settle for cccam with oscam worrking together?

Is their a stable image which you guys would recommend rather then creating a plain open pli with oscam??

thanks

After a few hours reading oscam is not as hard to configure as you think, have a quiet night in get you goggles on and have a good read.

A good tip is that Cccam has Cccam forums Oscam has it's own official forum there is pages and pages of info on there.

Its easy to take a script of someone but your going to run into trouble if you dont understand whats going on.

what image are you using or have you any preferences?
sorry about the delay getting back to you LOL

I am running the nabilosat darkstar II Image, but it is out dated and needs a bit work to install cams and stuff.

As a newbie you should goto the open pli website and I suggest to use the open pli maxvar image its small already has loads of cam download options and it has a very fresh skin its light and easy to use.

I did a PDF on how to install oscam on PLi Jade on the Dm500S

Commando 14.7 DM500 has menu support for oscam, in an image that's always kept up to date and fresh. Last online update was 2 days ago, and two days prior to that was an online update that reflashed the root SquashFS partition!

Cheers- AL :)

no probs,

I managed to get oscam working thanks to this forum but for some reason I need to run cccam locally to see the scrambled channels eveen though I have allowed dvabpi?

any suggestions?

PaphosAL

I tried commando and although its a good image, its overly complicated for what I need. I was not sure whether I had a backup version but mine kept crashing.

I like the look of standard PLI and want to add my own plugins

I am running the nabilosat darkstar II Image, but it is out dated and needs a bit work to install cams and stuff.

As a newbie you should goto the open pli website and I suggest to use the open pli maxvar image its small already has loads of cam download options and it has a very fresh skin its light and easy to use.

Thansk for the suggestion mate, that exactly what I am using as my base image.

no probs,

I managed to get oscam working thanks to this forum but for some reason I need to run cccam locally to see the scrambled channels eveen though I have allowed dvabpi?

any suggestions?

But did you enable CCcam protocol?

But did you enable CCcam protocol?

yes the cccam protocol was enabled. from my understanding cccam is not required if you enable dvabpi which is an emu itself, yet I can't get the server to show all channels if the dvabpi is enabled without cccam, am i missing somthing.

At the moment I have enabled cccam and setup cccam.cong with cccaam installed to view the channels.

yes the cccam protocol was enabled. from my understanding cccam is not required if you enable dvabpi which is an emu itself, yet I can't get the server to show all channels if the dvabpi is enabled without cccam, am i missing somthing.

At the moment I have enabled cccam and setup cccam.cong with cccaam installed to view the channels.

Correct CCcam is not required,

When you enabled CCcam protocol did you also create a dvbapi user account in oscam.user ?

Wiz,

yes I did, does it matter in which order dvdapi and cccam protocols appear in oscam?

I think I have manageed to solve it by moving things around and disabling ccam

Wiz,

yes I did, does it matter in which order dvdapi and cccam protocols appear in oscam?

I think I have manageed to solve it by moving things around and disabling ccam

Shouldn't do mate but it probably won't work if you have CCcam running as well as CCcam protocol, as CCcam will be reading the CCcam.cfg thus rendering oscam.user unneeded :)

Back