DL layer dvd burner

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys is this a good dual layer dvd burner ?....are sata better then ide connection...loooking at my pc inside it has 3 sata connectors available so this dvd writer should just simply fit in ?...yes or no...cheers

SEE HERE

i used to swear by pioneers - but now they all seem good!

yeah, sata - plug straight in no fuss

i used to swear by pioneers - but now they all seem good!

yeah, sata - plug straight in no fuss
cheers mate..wernt too sure about connection.....so i have to connect the power cable to this writer...plenty of them floating about in my pc....and then one end of the sata cable into the sata connector on the motherboard and the other end into the writer itself...yes ???????

did u build the PC yourself? make sure it's got SATA power connections. Although, some devices have both sockets on incase. also, u got a sata cable? they only fit 1 way and you don't have to even mess around with jumpers

did u build the PC yourself? make sure it's got SATA power connections. Although, some devices have both sockets on incase. also, u got a sata cable? they only fit 1 way and you don't have to even mess around with jumpers

thanks mate...no i bought the pc years ago...its def got 4 sata power connections cos i did my xbox earlier on....and ive got a sata connector as well...

if you got all connectors all you need to do then is connect a power lead in and then use a sata cable to your motherboard and then other in your burner. it will automatically pick it up when you boot your pc back up

if you got all connectors all you need to do then is connect a power lead in and then use a sata cable to your motherboard and then other in your burner. it will automatically pick it up when you boot your pc back up
hi mate...yeah thats what it thought..anyway i bought a Pioneer DVR-216DBK for £16 delivered....: multi :

Were you using any SAT connection previously ? If not, you may have to go into the Bios to set your preferences. On mine, I have the choice of 1 = Sata Only, 2 = Sata + Pata, 3 = Pata only.

If your into burning Xbox 360 games then grab a Pioneer - any model.

If it's just for normal PC stuff then any drive will do these days.

Were you using any SAT connection previously ? If not, you may have to go into the Bios to set your preferences. On mine, I have the choice of 1 = Sata Only, 2 = Sata + Pata, 3 = Pata only.
yah mate..my 200gb hard drive is sata connection.....

If your into burning Xbox 360 games then grab a Pioneer - any model.

If it's just for normal PC stuff then any drive will do these days.
yes m8..new to xbox360 games so grabbed the pioneer i mentioned.

you souldnt have any problem which the hdd being connected. it will pick the dvd drive up. least you know in bios they are on

Back