Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dissapointed with WDTV Live

silvershadow21

Inactive User
Hi Guys,

Just recently purchased (then returned ) the wdtv live media Player.

I had no idea that there is currently no support for os x Lion or mountain Lion (i have an imac desktop).

Was at it for 2 days, but the box would not connect via the server password, and was constantly refused with error msg "unknown user name or password".
Everything was set up correctly and doubled checked, even had this chk'd with the tech support @ Wd.

I had left as instructed the "anonymous" user name in place, and the ********** password , but there was no joy to be had, so its back to the first gen wd media player with a hard drive connected to it.

With that in mind, i was thinking of getting Apple TV.
I am aware that it currently only supports 720p, but hopeful that a software update may push this to 1080p,
or do i hang off to apple bring out the next apple tv (3rd gen) with the rumoured A5 chip & 1080p as standard.

My media collection is all 1080p mkv's, but what i was thinking of was to use "air video server", and stream to my ipad which will be mirrored through the apple Tv.

Does this make sense guys ?

Doe anybody do this currently, or can advise me ?.

regards

Tom

There is an outside chance Apple TV 3 will launch alongside the iPad 3 on its rumoured 9th March release/announcement date. US stocks of the Apple TV 2 are low, which is usually a good indicator that Apple have something immanent.

There is an outside chance Apple TV 3 will launch alongside the iPad 3 on its rumoured 9th March release/announcement date. US stocks of the Apple TV 2 are low, which is usually a good indicator that Apple have something immanent.

Seen this on the Macrumors website, so i am hopeful that something is in the pipeline, if it doesnt launch then, it could be sept/oct for the Xmas market.

We shall see

Back