Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

disco light screens

L

louisiannalyn

anyone know anythin about light screens and of course the bulgin lead.
have one that splits in two. i think it should connect to make the circuit. it has 50 (christmas tree style) bulbs in each box and there are 5 circuits of 10 in each box.
now it is connected by a lead that i havent got bulgin style but smaller 8 pin in a circular style no centre pin. to connect the boxes to the mains you need a light box and a standard bulgin lead.
now what i need help with is the fact to work i think i need to join the two. dont have the lead so i am going to wire direct. the first main box that connects to the bulgin is straight forward. it is then looped to the other socket on box one which is like a standard circuit ( join pin one two five respective ect to pin one two five other socket get circuit connect also two lives or live and earth which will be from the light box).
we then go to box two.
obviousley powered and part of the line but only has the small bulgin socket. so therefore the wire are all conected onto the one plug retainer (five seperate pins for the five circuits and then five wires all on the power pins and bridged together not seperate as on small bulgin on box one.

what i need to know is how do i connect the loop to box two.
do the five single cables of box one go to the five single cables of box two or to the points with the five leads bridged on the two power points. then if i do that the alternitive leads would go five single leads from the power intakes of box one ect.

confused i am .

anyone got one of these i also thought disco light circuits came in fours not fives.

do you have a number or site that might help.

or just the wireing diagram for a bulgin plug ie live earth etc

the connectors were always wired 1 to 1 ,2 to 2 ,3 to 3 etc but if you have non standard connectors it sounds like they have been changed by one of the previous owners, i would advise you get it looked at by someone with knowledge of wiring as these are dangerous voltages ur playing with... disco light circuits come with as many channels as you want.. the most i ever saw was 20 channels for strobes at night tragic in dunfermline

Back