CD & DVD disc protected

bingcro2

Member ++
Reaction score
i had a dvd bought for christmas and would like to make a copy just in case the original got damaged.I was always of the opinion that you could do one copy.Ive tried it on my dvd recorder but failed with remarks"disc protected" is there any prog that may enable me to do this pse.also i once tried doing similar with a "ripper but all the chapters came out unjoined.How do i join the different chapters pse to make one complete dvd

I use anydvd to de-protect the disk on the fly, and clonedvd to shrink & copy the disk.

Magic dvd ripper is another that will de-protect, rip & shrink the dvd.

All the above are paid for but you can get them from all the usual places.

If you want free solutions then dvd-decrypter to de-protect and rip the disk and dvdshrink to shrink if needed, then imgburn to burn the dvd.

Bear in mind that both dvd-decrypter and dvdshrink have not been updated in about 5 years so do not know the latest protections.

Last edited:
how do i come by that prog pse .so far ive managed to rip as divx(i did it by fluke)it will let me play it on my comp but when i burn disc this will only play on comp.any ideas pse

how do i come by that prog pse .so far ive managed to rip as divx(i did it by fluke)it will let me play it on my comp but when i burn disc this will only play on comp.any ideas pse

if your wanting a copy dont bother with your divx rip. get anydvd to disable any protection and clonedvd to make the film fit on a disk.

It's actually called DVD43 and it's here - DVD43 Free Download and Reviews - Fileforum DVD43 is just a freeware version of anydvd but without the HD blu-ray support, and backup.

You'll still need software to actually rip the dvd and shrink it (if it needs it) before you write it.

Last edited:
tks captin ive just downloaded and installed dvd43 so what does decrypts on the fly mean please does it just sit in the background and does the task without me invoke it to do so.i looked in my new programs installed clicked on and nothing happend just went back to normal screen.Or have a failed to downloaded it.not too good at this sort of thing

Last edited by a moderator:
tks captin ive just downloaded and installed dvd43 so what does decrypts on the fly mean please does it just sit in the background and does the task without me invoke it to do so.i looked in my new programs installed clicked on and nothing happend just went back to normal screen.Or have a failed to downloaded it.not too good at this sort of thing

Yes it just sits in the background and does it's thing.

When you put a DVD film in your drive you can copy the folders onto your PC and as the files are being transferred DVD43 will remove the protections.
You dont need any special program to copy the files.
Just goto "computer" on the start menu, then goto your DVd rom drive, right click on the "video_ts" folder and select copy.
Then browse to your hard drive, make a folder then go into it, right click on the white space and select paste.
It will then copy/decrypt the film.

Then if the DVD is 4.5gb or less you can just write it again and you have your copy.
To write the film I use imgeburn.
Open imgburn and click on the "Write files/folders to disc".
Put a tick in Auto near the calculator
You can drag the "video_ts" folder into the large box under "source" or click the 3rd ico down (yellow folder) to add the "video_ts" folder by browsing for it.
On the right hand side it will tell you the size of the dvd, if it's over 100% then the files wont fit on a normal DVD-R as they are over 4.5gb.

If the DVD is over 4.5gb you have to then squash it down or write it on a dual layer disk.

Last edited:
Back