denso discovery 3

bearbear

Reaction score
Does any one know if there are any alternatives to install in the touchscreen satnav instead of the stock landrover one

Has that got the built in controls for stereo, air con and phone ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

it has controls for the stereo and phone but only because it has been hacked to make it think its in a range rover (cut cable inside and wired to switch so you can change it back to basic by letting it go to sleep)

I've got a s-max with denso satnav which I suspect is similiar or same as your (when land rover was part of ford group) which has integrated everything. I've looked at replacing it and double din unit will fit but I will lose the integration function on mine.

you might want to check on a dedicate forum such as this,

LandyZone - Land Rover Forum

ok i will give it a try i was also looking on gps underground but everything there is the same as i have already , was looking to see if i could get tomtom to work through it as i also have it wired up to my reversing camera courtesy of a gvif box ,which has a few spare av plugs and screen left ,i also hope to use one for tv through the satnav :)

You could also try this place, they do head unit specifically for ford

Zenec - Touch another World : ZE-NC3811D

TBH, this is the way forward

JVC Mobile Entertainment MirrorLink™

Head units that support mirror link so you can basically view and control your phone screen on the big screen of the car. There is a also a CAN bus standard to extend car controls to smartphone so you can do things like control air con from your phone.

Last edited:
Back