Photo Comp December's voting thread

This month's vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

little_pob

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Three entries for the inaugural month. Please click the thumbnails to view entries 1 and 2 in full.
  1. Untitled by @MH
  2. Untitled by @brian0812
  3. Storms a coming by @brewby55
    11387810625_867c0f8178_c.jpg

Poll will close 5pm 3rd Jan.

Rules: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/384184/

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing Pictures :)

Well done guys!

Thanks @little_pob brilliant idea, can't wait for next months now! :)

What is the DW cash prize for this (100?)

Regards
Mick

Amazing Pictures :)

Well done guys!

Thanks @little_pob brilliant idea, can't wait for next months now! :)

What is the DW cash prize for this (100?)

Regards
Mick
It was @Goldberg 's idea, Mick.

As for DW cash, 100 would be great - if you're happy with that.

PS thanks for making the thumbnails work on 1 and 2.

Last edited:
Voted. Hope to join in next month- Santa's contribution will be coming into use :)

Clicking between each entry there!!! By the quality of this comp on it's 1st outing, it'll be tough to pick a favourite!

Regards,

snapman

All great shots in different ways . Hard choice but ive picked one. Well done guys. :)

Voted - Winner needs to PM me with choice of Cinema (Vue or Cineworld) for the two tickets. I will send the codes out on Monday afternoon.
If you do not want the codes then let me know so I can donate them elsewhere :)

Well done @brewby55 - if you can reply to me or PM regarding which cinema you would like the 2 tickets for.
They have a shelf life of 1 week for them to be used but can be used to book in advance if the option exists for the movie you wish to see.

If the time period is a problem, just let me know when you would like them for and finally if you wish to decline them then again let me know as I have a queue of others wanting them ;)

Well I'm chuffed to win the inaugural comp, I hope it starts to grow as time goes on, I'm sure as the weather gets better it will, remember, you do not have to have fancy cameras ( I certainly don't) to take great shots, if it appeals to you then that is all that matters.

Many thanks to the voters and thanks to the entrants who entered something entirely different and that's what it's, about. don't be shy, have a go.

I can't use the tickets unfortunately but I'm sure Goldberg will know what to do with them.

Thanks again to the voters

Well done mate, that was a very atmospheric photo, really captured the moment. :Clap:

Well done mate, that was a very atmospheric photo, really captured the moment. :Clap:

Thank you for the comment, it was pretty much a spur of the moment shot, had taken my mum to Bridlington to see a friend, my partner and I had a walk on the harbour wall just as the light went a little bit of colour appeared in the distant giving the break in what was a monochrome moment, just there at the right time I guess.

need to get this months one started im off to get the shot for it on Sunday lol

Thank you for the comment, it was pretty much a spur of the moment shot, had taken my mum to Bridlington to see a friend, my partner and I had a walk on the harbour wall just as the light went a little bit of colour appeared in the distant giving the break in what was a monochrome moment, just there at the right time I guess.

You're welcome.
I had a similar 'right place at the right time' scenario a couple of years ago. I'd just arrived in Benalmadena after a 5-hour drive, it was about 10 pm and the moon was creating a beautiful reflection on the sea. I stopped to get a photo & got moved on by a traffic warden. AT 10PM FFS! By the time I'd parked, the moment had gone.

Sorry Guys, only just noticed this poll for the photos so missed out voting.
But, can I please say that all 3 photos are excellent and all for different reasons ! @MH I really like the way your subject has captured different light levels and colours that evokes the feelings of watching the sun go down at the end of an enjoyable day outside in a beautiful setting. @brian0812 what a great find of an unusual subject that will make different people of different ages focus on different feelings about the subject, as an oldie it brings back memories of old style shops and formally dressed shop staff with an air of importance and then it brings sadness at the thoughts of a building and its furnishings left to be abused and deteriorate. Drew Pritchard the Salvage Hunter and Architectural Antiques Dealer and Restorer would be like a kid in a toy shop if he knew the location and owner of that property !! @brewby55 your photo makes me feel as if I am on a ship at sea and looking out at the calm before the storm and I can feel the cold and a shiver of expectation of the condition changes about to occur. You have caught the last of the sun's rays breaking through the clouds reflecting and defining the motion on the sea and that shade of greyness just before the storm.
Congratulations Guys they are all fantastic photos.

Back