Db 600

jachol

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,
I read at dreamworld shops that tuners aren't swappable, is this correct ?,

some of the posts I've read here seem to say this is possible.

I was planning to convert a 600S to 600T for my daughter ... if this is possible

can someone point me at any available info.

I'm a complete newb to the dreambox. TIA ... Jack

it should be swapable but why would you want to swap from s tuner to t
just get a dish up and you will get the freesat channels
be the same as you would get from the t tuner

There are different versions of DM 600 clones. Original DM600 recievers have swappable plug and play DVB C/S/T tuners.

Most good clones also have swappable DVB C/S/T tuners as well. I had a clone DM600 with swappable tuners.

There is then some cheaper clones which to keep costs down have fixed non-swappable tuners.

tb,
Thanks for the input. ... I'd tend to agree with your comments, but situation is that there are developers regulations that don't allow external aerials, there is a piped Tv system in situ, but this is very unreliable, fortunately UHF signals in the area are good, and most residents resort to an aerial in the roof space which gives adequate reception. My daughter has recently changed her job, and because of changed working hours is missing her favourite programs, and needs to record them. I acquired the DVB 600 cheaply, and have a spare 80 GB HDD so problem solved. I've loaned her a PVR temporarily.

gsmtech,
Thanks for that info, I'm not sure if I have a clone or original, it came BNIB, tuner is definitely pluggable, labelled NXP, and made in Indonesia, unit has the PLi image software installed.

One thing I'm not clear on ... does the unit need a permanent network connection, perhaps for EPG ?, perhaps the network connection is just for programming ?.
Another question is ... if I plug in a T type tuner does the software automatically recognise it ?.

if the box is setup for cardshare, and you recieve premium channels via the share then yes you need a permanent network conenction.

OpenPli images use the rytec EPG and download it to the hard disc on the reciever if you have it configured this way, the permanent network connection is not requirted, but you will have to reconenct to network once a week or so to download new new EPG data.

The image should already contain relevant drivers for DVB-T tuner so yes should be recognised automatically.

if the box is setup for cardshare, and you recieve premium channels via the share then yes you need a permanent network conenction.

OpenPli images use the rytec EPG and download it to the hard disc on the reciever if you have it configured this way, the permanent network connection is not requirted, but you will have to reconenct to network once a week or so to download new new EPG data.

The image should already contain relevant drivers for DVB-T tuner so yes should be recognised automatically.

Thanks again gsmtec, good info ... can't see daughter getting into cardshare. Hardwired permanent connection could be a problem, pity there isn't a USB socket, the MicroNext micro wifi dongles are great for this sort of situation.

I'm still shopping around for a T type tuner, to see if I can find a better price, any recommendations ?. ... Jack

creativerock-sg.jpg

WOW !, tb that's devious, but I can see the need if you're desperate, I

doubt these items come cheap. I never knew such things existed.

Decision is made here though, the UHF aerial already exists, and once the

tuner is changed, the surplus satellite one should sell OK on ebay to recoup

some expense.

Thanks for the help, if I can find how to, I'll add thanks officially to gsmtech,

and yourself (Cracked it... Thanks now applied)

Last edited:
Back