Dark Wallet - Bitcoin for the masses

Him Her

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Cody Wilson (he of the 3d gun), in conjunction with Amir Taaki of Unsystem, look very close to bringing Bitcoin to the masses in the form of a Firefox/Chrome plugin.

Cody Wilson Creates Controversy Again With Dark Wallet for Bitcoin [Video]

Scary video!

Apparently finance came from crowdfunding.

https://darkwallet.unsystem.net/

The Unsystem development team seem to operate largely from a variety of squats around the World including Milan and London.

Interesting reading but does it have a ring of 21st century hippiedom to it?

Cody Wilson (he of the 3d gun), in conjunction with Amir Taaki of Unsystem, look very close to bringing Bitcoin to the masses in the form of a Firefox/Chrome plugin.

Cody Wilson Creates Controversy Again With Dark Wallet for Bitcoin [Video]

Scary video!

Apparently finance came from crowdfunding.

https://darkwallet.unsystem.net/

The Unsystem development team seem to operate largely from a variety of squats around the World including Milan and London.

Interesting reading but does it have a ring of 21st century hippiedom to it?

Not sure what to make of that, but my wallet's staying darker than theirs.:FRIGHT:

Just watched this lot on "click", they're not like the hippies we used to know, well maybe just as scruffy.:Biggrin2:

It reminded me about something I read about the MtGox fiasco. They stressed only wallets had been stolen,
not Bitcoins, as if that made a difference. How can that be, unless the wallets were empty, and if so why steal them?
More to the point, why the declared loss of around £250 million, they said the equivalent of about 750,000 Bitcoins?
I've never heard of a mugger demanding your wallet, and letting you keep the money!:err:

Another conundrum. If you accept all these "coins" are missing, and each one (and it's divisions) is unique, then any transactions
with them are claimed to be traceable. I thought that was one of the alleged advantages, and what the "miners" were paid for.
No doubt they could be sold before the miners catch up, but it's a lot to dump fast, and at least the first legitimate exchange point
could be identified. You don't know where the receiving wallets "are", but there must be some record of the owner within
the organization, even Swiss banks have that. If there isn't, wtf..Apart from the novelty value, I'm not grasping this at all.
And they say transactions are irretrievable, supposedly another benefit, so if something goes missing, no responsibility?

All the above is supposed to be the legit side of Bitcoin, imagine trusting these squatters. Click reported they could earn (or steal)
billions. That probably needs a pinch of salt, but one of them wanted to use Bitcoin to bypass the Iranian sanctions.
Maybe that's the real reason why they're living in squats, and if Uncle Sam gets pissed off, it's Byebyecoin.
Open source s/w, in this case, doesn't inspire confidence, and if they all become worthless, you can't even make washers. :Biggrin2:

Did any of you see that "Wilson" character on HardTalk, what psychoactive drugs does he take?

Did any of you see that "Wilson" character on HardTalk, what psychoactive drugs does he take?
Yes, about half way through, then I had a Russell Brand moment and watched something else.
Wacky, and he may cause hefty losses for a lot of people, before he's locked up.
The visionary's without chemical assistance are bad enough.

Anything that kicks the Establishment up the ass (chemically assisted or otherwise) is fine by me ;)

Anything that kicks the Establishment up the ass (chemically assisted or otherwise) is fine by me ;)

Generally, couldn't agree more, when you get one, go for it! Just think this is one to pass, if you can't afford to lose.
It's technically intriguing (even when I don't really understand much about it), so dabble if you must, or sit outside and speculate.
A lot will be made by a few, as ever. That has to come from small "investors", and it's got scam elements written all over it.
The establishment knows a thing or two about scams, as we well know, and when this becomes inconvenient.........?
All I'm saying is don't put your house on the longest odds outsider in the Grand National, or you'll soon be looking to rent.

I thought I might cheer and shout 'Carry on chaps' ;)
My boots are already sharpened for the rare occasion. Not too long now, media in full diversion mode I see.
Not sure whether that's a good sign, but it's not going to make any difference to me.

Back