Cutting out

abp1873

Inactive User
Reaction score
Having trouble with my Technomate 5402 HD It's starting to turn off and start up on it's own. Is this possibly a power issue or could it be simply full factory reset and update to new patch etc I have 118 installed as it seems most stable for my box so not sure if upgrading to 125 will even help.
If all who have helped me before remember this is a refurbished box direct from Technomate as my first box went caput while in warranty and it's about a month old and no longer in warranty.
If it is a power issue would anyone on here maybe be able to fix it for me for a smaller fee than what a shop would charge as I read on here a bout a guy paying £80 for a repair for a box that costs £139.

The warranty finished last week as although they sent me up a refurbished one they would only allow warranty to go for the 1 month my old box had left on it.
So factory rest and new patch may solve it or is it a power issue as I may have trouble keeping box on long enough to do a factory reset and install new patch.

Cheers I will look through my old E-mails and check out the correspondence and phone them on Monday although still not sure its power problem. Thanks to all for there help I'm of to Football so keep ideas coming please and I will respond the morra as may be a wee bit drunk later.

Probably a dodgy cap on the powerboard. Id agree with manic that you should get onto technomate as the warranty is crap. A new board from tm will be approx £40 delivered to fit yourself, which is dead easy. But you may find then that the problem is on the mainboard so you'd be taking a risk.

Back