Crossepg over network

svcondor

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a DM800SE with hard disk running crossepg. Is it possible to access the EPG from the DM-800SE from my DM500-HD using my LAN?

I have a DM800SE with hard disk running crossepg. Is it possible to access the EPG from the DM-800SE from my DM500-HD using my LAN?

Not sure exactly what you want to do but you can do that through the plugin (remote stream convert)
You need to install it on both boxes and the box you are going to stream from needs to be in standby. You can access the epg and stream ALL channels incl HD with no lag.
Great tool if that will help mate.

Sorry if I didn't explain it very well. All I want to do is for the DM500HD to access the epg.dat file on the DM800SE because the DM500HD does not have a hard drive. I will look into "remote stream convert" though as it might let me get another box without a satellite feed

Doesn't the 500 have an esata port? Maybe there's an esata to USB adaptor and you could get a stick for some storage? Just an idea?

I don't think you can adapt esata to USB because esata does not have power. You can go the other way.

There's a mod to add USB to the DM500HD but it involves removing resistors from the mainboard. That's a bit too scary for me.

There's a bug in Crossepg which means that sometimes the guide gets written to memory instead of the hard drive. The memory can fill up and disable the box. There's a fix in a sticky at the top of this sub-forum.

Sharing a drive between 2 Dreamboxes would be useful. It should be possible to watch programs recorded by the other box.

Back