Corsa CDTI or Clio Dci

Ferret

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey up lads.

Youngest son just 22 trying to make it as a self employed plumber.

Anyhow he drives his own transit through day but wants a small engined diesel car for leisure. He does not want to spend a fortune £1500 is his budget.

Corsa C 1.3 CDTI models fit this price range as does the Clio dci around 2003-2004. Any other contenders we have not thought of ?

Anyone ever owed one of these and would like to share their thoughts on them ?

Or any faults info at all ? Only ever drove VAG cars myself so have no idea on these 2.

cheers

just keep watching gumtree and users forums as can get a steal I got my Passat tdi 4motion for 1800 with 125k on it but I did have to travel 300 miles

I wouldn't touch any car from a car dealer in Springburn Glasgow might be cheap but there will be a reason for that be wary of cheap dealer cars

good tip on gumtree is to google the phone number to see what's been sold in the passed to make sure there no selling cars every month
stick to private ads and can offer what you think its worth. I have had people half the price on cars I have had from gumtree

@miggy that looks ok apart from a midget must have drove it going by the seat position would ignore the pictures but seems ok if ad seen this earlier would have went & seen it was up there

Note: will always swing to vauxhall as rebuild a few after a few prangs as you do lol

Last edited:
@miggy that looks ok apart from a midget must have drove it going by the seat position would ignore the pictures but seems ok if ad seen this earlier would have went & seen it was up there

Note: will always swing to vauxhall as rebuild a few after a few prangs as you do lol

A great little runner apparently. @Ferret the appealing part is the 30.00 road tax. Beware some can be 130.00 + to tax so be careful which model you buy and check the tax band first.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't touch any car from a car dealer in Springburn Glasgow might be cheap but there will be a reason for that be wary of cheap dealer cars

My post was purely an example for Ferret to look at some great deals.I don't recall anywhere in my post stating he must buy it. Look for low mileage cars not ones that today's youth have hammered the arse out of. Now that is indeed buying trouble.

My post was purely an example for Ferret to look at some great deals.I don't recall anywhere in my post stating he must buy it. Look for low mileage cars not ones that today's youth have hammered the arse out of. Now that is indeed buying trouble.

I didn't say you did and I was only pointing out that what car was from a dealer .where did I say you did say that . low mileage is not everything when buying used cars
I would be more looking at the care the car has had service history, daily use and the type of owner that the car is coming from.

I didn't say you did and I was only pointing out that what car was from a dealer .where did I say you did say that . low mileage is not everything when buying used cars
I would be more looking at the care the car has had service history, daily use and the type of owner that the car is coming from.

I am pretty sure the OP gets the general idea now without arguing the toss over a bloody corsa. That reminds me I must get my Gran a box of eggs.

Last edited:
Bought an 02 Clio DCi for £850 about 4 months ago, I have had to have 1 injector replaced but it does run well and I do about 500 miles a week.

It did have 100K miles on it when brought.

It's good on fuel at about 55 miles on average to the gallon.

the 1,3 cdti in the opel/vauxhall cars is the fiat engine.
i repaired 3 in the last year , one doblo and two combo,s , all sufferde from lengthened timing chains , two broke , in one case i was just in time
all 3 between 100 -120K km.
its not a nice job to do . especially in the opel version because the subframe is in the way for taking of the oilpan.
and the like to leak around the injectors causing them to get stuck...

the 1,3 cdti in the opel/vauxhall cars is the fiat engine.
i repaired 3 in the last year , one doblo and two combo,s , all sufferde from lengthened timing chains , two broke , in one case i was just in time
all 3 between 100 -120K km.
its not a nice job to do . especially in the opel version because the subframe is in the way for taking of the oilpan.
and the like to leak around the injectors causing them to get stuck...

Not exactly a Fiat engine, it was the new version of the SCCS platform co-developed by GM, Opel and Fiat.
It is fitted to the Fiat Grande Punto and the Corsa D (2006 to 2013) so much more of a GM Opel engine.

Back