Skybox F5s Confusion - help needed please

egt1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all
I have recently connected my skybox to replace a virgin tivo box and all works fine, but when i turn off the tv the box freezes, so when the tv is turned back on i have to unplug the box and reboot. A bit annoying to say the least - Can anyone suggest any reasons why?

Tv is a Logik and has been working perfectly fine with the Tivo box for the past 2 years.

Just in case its the box, i have completely reflashed it with the null modem cable so it is not a software issue.

I wondered if turning the tv off is causing a surge and so freezing the box - I'm baffled

tivo is a cable box is it not and skybox is a satbox ,the 2 should should not be joined together.

skybox needs a sat dish feed and interlet/lan connection to router to work.

The 2 aren't joined together.
I have installed a skybox and got rid of the tivo.
Skybox connected to dish and internet and all working fine.
All i want to know is (e.g. first thing in the morning - tv has been off all night, the skybox has froze and has to be rebooted) this is every time the tv is turned off the skybox freezes

is your tv controlling power circuits as turning tv off should have nothing to do with skybox freezing as both should be independent of each other,is lan losing feed and freezing.
i would be rechecking skybox and it is well vented.

Back