Component cable

timekeeper

DW Regular
Reaction score
Got my component cable this morning , and set it up on me plasma to 480p and to be honest there isnt much difference between the cable provided with the wii and the component cable :(

ebay, un-official, not imported, £21 (incl special delivery) and the postman was clean shaven.

Mine are the ones in the article aswell

Crazy

Got mine off the same seller!

Would recommend the seller if anyone was to buy component cables for their Wii

Crazy

sooooo.........to sum up then. is it worth getting the cable or not ??

sooooo.........to sum up then. is it worth getting the cable or not ??

These are quoted from the IGN Gear artical above.

" we all know that 480i standard-definition actually looks worse on nice HDTVs than on old CRTs, and can cause gaming-lag problems, especially on DLP displays. The Wii is capable of outputting 480p as well, which solves some of these problems, but only via Component Video cables. "

" we can assure you that 480p does make a noticeable difference in Wii image quality, especially on an HDTV, and we recommend grabbing the cables, first-party or otherwise, to Wii owners one and all. "

Ive got a standard 27" LCD tv and a progressive scan DVD player via component leads. The picture and colours on DVD's via components looks much better than ordinary scart so im thinking it will have the same benefits for my Wii...

As it says though, you can only get the 480p signal through a component connection.

Got my component cable this morning , and set it up on me plasma to 480p and to be honest there isnt much difference between the cable provided with the wii and the component cable :(

i noticed that if u set it to 480p it does look bad, but when i set it to 480i it does look clean and the colours are much crisper, so i dont know if its the cables or what could justg be a prob with the firmware - maybe

but it was worth it just for the little improvment
i got the Mad Catz HD Component Cable from play

To be fair I haven't given it much time as I was only given a short time playing it (to make sure it worked) before being wrapped up as my Xmas present.

I'll let you know in a couple of days!

Cheers and Merry Xmas

Crazy

Right, I bit the bullet and went and got ripped off for £30 at an import shop in Liverpool for the MadCatz Component leads.

I can honestly say it has improved the picture on my TV 100%. I've got a non-HD 27" LCD.

Back