complete newbie..help please!

B

bennyx

Can anyone please tell me EXACTLY what I need to do to enable my smartcard for the goodies? I'm reasonably computer literate and can get most words over two syllables, but I haven't got the first idea how to start. I have an original Ondigital card enabled for the 6.99 package.Sorry if this seems really dorkish but hey, everybody starts SOMEWHERE, right? Cheers!

First advice is to read through the forum posts, past & present to try to gain some basic knowledge. Then you have a few choices open to you.
You can get a Gold card and programme it, this will get you all the channels.
I would recommend that you do this first to get the hang of things, the last thing you want to do is mess around with you original cards and possibly destroys it.
Then when you get to grips with things you can modify your original card to get all channels this is referred to as a MOSC (modified original smart card)
But first thing first, you need a programmer.
There are lots of different kinds of these but the most popular is the Multiprogrammer (Elvis) You can get one from Divineo and you get a Gold card to play with as well.
Check out Wolverine's site [DLMURL="http://zor.org/wolv/"]HERE[/DLMURL] for some excellent tutorials.
Hope this helps you.
Regards, Tel. :)

[ 20-07-2001: Message edited by: Tel boy ]

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Tel boy, Wolverine's tutorials make it all seem very simple and straightforward. They are an excellent piece of work!

BJ :D :cool: :D

Back