Reaction score
amd 64 3200
K8V SE Deluxe
256MB Sparkle GeForce 6600 AGP
2 x 512 pc 3200 memory
2 x 80 gig sata hdd
Xp pro genuine
Norton system works 2005

Please help driving me nuts computer keeps freezing up on me resulting in me having to reset totally random ---temps seem ok in bios also running 3 case fans

Tried different motherboard, tried alternative memory, and tried fresh install xp,
Tried disabling screensavers and power down options will run for 3 days or 3 min

Tried memtest tried hdd tests tried new graphics card only thing I haven’t tried is processor tests (advice on one)

Even replaced factory processor gooo with Akaka Thermal Paste still no joy

at one point thought it was monitor but same on diffrent monitor

Any advice would be appreciated

i had a probs like this once and it was my power supply i bought a bigger unit and its fine ......

dave12 said:
i had a probs like this once and it was my power supply i bought a bigger unit and its fine ......

Yea me too, i had the same problem and I had to upgrade my power supply from 460W to 650W and now works perfect.

do a repair first might be missing a few files

Configure your computer to start from the CD-ROM drive. For more information about how to do this, please refer to your computer's documentation or contact your computer manufacturer.

Insert your Windows XP compact disc (CD) into your CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive, and then restart your computer.

(You can also boot with a Windows 98/Me Startup disk with CD support and run WINNT.EXE in the I386 folder on the CD)

When the "Press any key to boot from CD" message is displayed on your screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD.

When you see the following message displayed on the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

At this point an option to press R to enter the Recovery Console is displayed. Do not select this option.

On the Windows XP Licensing Agreement screen, press F8 to agree to the license agreement. (if this option is there then files are missing)

Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is selected in the box, and then press the R key to repair Windows XP.

Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Setup.

do you get any type of error message m8, re other post you will need at lest a 450 power supply or larger by reading your PC spec m8.

hi mate i suspect the power supply as others have said.. try another with more watts also antec brands are worth the extra ££,s

Hi M8

AMD chips are known for using more power
than intel - however also check the individual
power supply settings for the processor in
the bios - sometimes it just needs tweaked
up a bit

also as you have already stated - get the processor
checked with some sort of diagnostic program
like sisoft sandra - or the dos based utils on
hirens boot cd

go into the bios.

smart burn software or watever it has.

leave it in the bios for a while as this is running maxed out and keep an eye on the temperature readings.

if they go sky high i would try using a thermal pad on the cpu, i always had probs using the Goo.

jock299 said:
amd 64 3200
K8V SE Deluxe
256MB Sparkle GeForce 6600 AGP
2 x 512 pc 3200 memory
2 x 80 gig sata hdd
Xp pro genuine
Norton system works 2005

Please help driving me nuts computer keeps freezing up on me resulting in me having to reset totally random ---temps seem ok in bios also running 3 case fans

Tried different motherboard, tried alternative memory, and tried fresh install xp,
Tried disabling screensavers and power down options will run for 3 days or 3 min

Tried memtest tried hdd tests tried new graphics card only thing I haven’t tried is processor tests (advice on one)

Even replaced factory processor gooo with Akaka Thermal Paste still no joy

at one point thought it was monitor but same on diffrent monitor

Any advice would be appreciated

yes I got that one I think ? -- comp reboots then says system files not there
i am on my seventh reload of xp --- now running AVG -- Spybot -- spyscan and spyware blaster !! -- & xoftspy and also avast !!

but virus -- is a worm type -- and I still have to get it off the extened drives !!
it was on all 8 hard drives --- 6 now running ok -- other two still got the virus -- but I am having trouble loading the driver for the hard drives !!
using Gigabyte raid -- mother board --- asa hard drives are the ones that are missing ---

but pc working ok -- with out them !! -- I will find a way to remove the virus from them later !!

:Cheers:

Back