comm error

ramraider

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi any help me on this 1 try to set net id on a 4000n box followed tut bu keep getting comm error when i apply the power this is the tut from jimmy q or is there a special file i need the 1 i am using is ntlmcnsph2

you will need a scart to serial and libby and a serial lead

Open Libdebug (Libby) and load the correct config (cfg) file for your box making sure that the config file is pre programmed with the correct net id for your area.
Plug the lead from your pc into the rs232 socket of the box, this will be a scart lead if your box is a 4000. DO NOT APPLY POWER TO BOX YET.
Now click "Execute command" in the libby window.
Quickly apply power to the cable box. After a few seconds you should see a load of data appear in the bottom right window of Libby.
Look in the top left (white) window of libby and scroll down to NET ID, click the + sign to the left of it and then look for your area.
Double click on your area and some data will appear in the top right window of libby, double click the area again.
At this point you could reset the pin on your box if you do not know it, just double click "clear sram" in the top left window of libby.
Exit Libby and plug in the cable feed e.t.c and go straight to engineers menu to check that NET ID has changed. Whilst there you should enter a new pin if you cleared sram. If the net id is not the one required Just run through the process again as sometimes you need to do it twice.

just start libby and apply power to the box - the auto test should start on its own.
if you press execute before the box is in a position to respond you'll get a comms error.

thanx for that m8 but i still get comms error the test the initialises and then when try to exacute net id which is 40156
this what i get you know what the 401x is ??

/ Receiver TestTask Started
Receiver Tests Initialised

transmitted bytes
(ff)(ae)Test(af)(ff)
(b1)(b1)000
(b1)(b1)406141056

recieved bytes
(b1)(b1)003239
(b1)(b1)003238
(b1)(b1)003240
(b1)(b1)003241
(b1)(b1)003242
(b1)(b1)003299(a).
(b1)(b1)000(a).
(b1)(b1)401X

you are using the wrong config file matey use the 4000.rar posted by davidh on downloads

Last edited:
let me know if you get stuck again mate :)

youre in capable hands though with twobeers :)

sorted

cheers twobeercans you are the man once again cheers mate

told you that your in good hands :)

well done two beers

cheers this also solved another problem i had with net id,s as derby has 2 so killed two birds with 1 stone

: spook : :mexican: : spook :

Back