Colin Mcrae dirt

Footieboyz02

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi i downloaded this game and go to install it but there is no setup.exe but there is regset.exe this then goes to try and install pick the directory then hit next to see error 1014 unsupported type encountered in registry opperations. Any one else had this problem or how to get round it.

Thanks in advance

Did you download it as an ISO and unpack it? If so you need to mount the ISO with Daemon tools. I got it to work straight away. Hope you got a powerful PC.

Havent got an iso file there so nothing to mount. I might just have to redownload it was just under 3gb what was yours? My pc is powerful

Last edited:
The version i got was just about 4.9 in rar files but the iso image was about 8 gig. You need the latest version of demon tools to mount it. once after it's installed just replace the dirt.exe file with the no cd boot version.

It wont install i get the above error. I cant even find nothing to mount deamon tools dont mount any of the files i have downloaded. I think it is missing something. What is the file you mount and i will check if i have it.

Cheers

The one I downloaded was 50 RAR files, unpacked them. Gave me 1 .mds file and 1 .mdf file.

I think you mount the .mds file, then open the virtual device with the mounted image, install from there.

I think the 50 RAR files were about 50MB each in size if that helps....

Shame my new dual core system ran it like a bag of bollox. I think this game was designed to be used with dual gfx.

no chance of it working with my pc den lol... damn just gotta wait till oct/nov when its reelased on ps3

Back