Colin Mcrae DIRT

T4i

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anoyne played this yet?

Got it from newsgroups, installed (with new v4 deamon tools) and works without even having to patch it.

Jeez, what kind of uber system does DIRT need to play on full. Not got the quicketst system in the world but im sure its just above the average spec computer as of now.

4600 X2
2Gig 800Mhz Corsair
7600GT PCI-E

Medium grpahics setting, l-l-l-l-o-o-o-o-w-w-w-w f-f-f-f-f-p-p-p-p-p-s-s-s-s-s.

Mind u least it will play on my system, took it to a m8's who runs a ATi X850XT, doesnt even support shader model 3. Sat with his bottom lip out rest of night. lol

I saw this reviewed on TV earlier today. Looks like a spanking game (if your in to driving games, which I am!)

The specs you mention worry me tho. I don't have the dastest system in the world...I'm not even sure my graphics card supports SM3.

I seen this and was going to download it but wasn't sure if it would run on an Alcohol 120% virtual drive? I don't want to install deamon tools as I have a couple of games already mounted with Alcohol 120%. I'll probably grab a copy anyway.

Yer, if u can't do ShaderModel3.0 then dont even bother wasting ur electricity.

The game runs, ie takes 100CPU power but no grpahics to display.

This game makes BF2142 load fast as! I have to wait nearly 10 seconds before the codemasters flash comes up.

The game itself looks wicked! The amount of detail is stunning! But as its a racing game it needs a good FPS to feels smooth, I found it really hard to go round corners because of the low fps you cant control slides etc.

I think this game has been made to run on dual gfx. Would be nice if they could make a game that most of us can play, not only enthusiasts with top end machines.

That's why God gave us the Xbox 360 :)

Smooooooth as a babies bum on the 360 :)

Not many people would consider 1080i HDTV 'blocky' but anyway.........atleast it'll play the game and costs the same price as a semi-decent PC GFX card.

just checked spec to run this : shocked2

Dirt (Colin McRae Off-Road)
Publisher: Codemasters
Developer: Codemasters

Minimum System Requirements
Processor: Pentium 4 @ 3 GHz or Athlon 64 3000+
Memory: 1 GB
Hard Drive: 12.5 GB Free
Video Memory: GeForce 6800/Radeon X1300 or better with Shader 3.0 Support
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
DirectX: 9.0c
Keyboard & Mouse
DVD Rom Drive

Recommended System Requirements
Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.66 GHz or Athlon X2 3800
Memory: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 12.5 GB Free
Video Memory: GeForce 8800/Radeon x1950 with Shader 3.0 Support
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
DirectX: 9.0c
Keyboard & Mouse
DVD Rom Drive

- Supported Graphic Cards
- ATi Radeon x1300, x1600, x1800, x1900, x1950
- nVidia Geforce 6800, 7100, 7300, 7600, 7800, 7900, 7950, 8800

Not compatible with all integrated sound/graphics solutions (inc.Laptops)

i couldnt get this working, have the latest version of deamon tools installed but just kept getting that starforce error message.

Did you have the deamon emulation enabled?

since when was microsoft god?

Are you a MS hater? :)

@ Trancemaster...

At least the £150 console CAN play it at 30FPS, unlike many PC's which cost far more. Anyway, I'm not here to defend any consoles as they are shite compared to a good powerfull PC, I'm just stating facts.

hi lads,

i got the game this weekend and bougth a logitech wheel to try to control the car, but it is really difficult, i have never played with a wheel before, always keyboard, and i thought the wheel would be easier... how long does it need to get used to it?

i know everyone is different, but i do not seem to be able to keep the car straight even at 30mph in first gear!!! once you loose the direction it is impossible to bring it back unless you stop the car completily...

Anyway, I'm not here to defend any consoles as they are shite compared to a good powerfull PC, I'm just stating facts.

So is ps3 is shite compared to a good powerfull pc?

hi lads,

i got the game this weekend and bougth a logitech wheel to try to control the car, but it is really difficult, i have never played with a wheel before, always keyboard, and i thought the wheel would be easier... how long does it need to get used to it?

i know everyone is different, but i do not seem to be able to keep the car straight even at 30mph in first gear!!! once you loose the direction it is impossible to bring it back unless you stop the car completily...

I tried and tried with a wheel, like you say once you have a wobble on its near on impossible to get a straight line again.

Even turning the sensativity down doesnt help. I've used about 3 different types over the years, I ended up going back to my joypad.

doh!

Hi i am interetsed in trying this game. Did you download it if so where from?? if poss i site with quick download speed.

thanks in advance

Back