Christmas (and Halloween) in Southern California

pks00

Inactive User
Reaction score
One thing I miss is the buzz of christmas, the holidays etc in England.

Being here in the USA I have had my 3rd christmas now and it just does not feel like it.

First the weather. We have had some warm weather recently, in the 80s. I always feel it has got to be cold, preferably snowing.

Second, maybe the people, lots of people of different races here, some don't give a crap about xmas. Over here, not many people say merry christmas. They tend to say Happy Holidays (such a joke lol). Maybe it is political correctness or religious beliefs or something but some people get offended when you say merry christmas. Some of my work colleagues don't believe in christmas as they are not christians and some tell me they don't like it and feel uncomfortable when you say merry christmas. A friend of mine who run's a motel said merry christmas to one customer. That customer responded with I don't believe in christmas. I tried to tell my work colleagues, Happy Holidays is so damn stupid but they fail to see my point in saying merry christmas.

Third, the buzz and excitement is just not felt, most likely due to the above but people just tend to go on with their daily lives.

I would expect some other parts of America probably have a more xmassy feel based on the creed of people living there but it is total bollox over here in SoCal.

What is funny is Halloween and Thanksgiving is a massive thing more so than christmas. Especially Halloween people go crazy.

At work they decorate the whole place. Departments compete against each other to get the scariest place. People in the office go to each department and you got people scaring you. I know Halloween is long gone but I have not been around DW for the longest time. My company organised a fancy dress also. I am gonna upload some pics for ya so you know how crazy this place gets over halloween - some fancy dress comp pics and some pics of the haunted house the department next to mine did.

Compare this to christmas which is just tinsel and some lights.

lol, that black zombie chick is sexy.

Nice to hear from you again pks00, someone was asking about you just the other day. :)

lol, that black zombie chick is sexy.

Nice to hear from you again pks00, someone was asking about you just the other day. :)

thanks
Ive been away due to a few reasons but made myself a new year resolution and to try find time for DW. Can't beat a bit of DW right?
I got an email from someone here which was nice.

Am I right? I look at pictures of pks00 and I noticed that American girls and women is sexy but not skinny ;) . Is this due to diet :bbq: or love :love: or disease? :questionmark:

Blimey 3 years since you emigrated?? I really want to up sticks and move to some were, canada, australia, the states.

Blimey 3 years since you emigrated?? I really want to up sticks and move to some were, canada, australia, the states.

Nice to hear from you sargie. Not quite 3 years but the start of my third year, 2 years, 2 months more like.

I hear aussies and kiwi's always looking for qualified people. mate of mine moved to nz back in the 90's and loving it. Pay not as good but the life is far better than UK, according to him.

Am I right? I look at pictures of pks00 and I noticed that American girls and women is sexy but not skinny ;) . Is this due to diet :bbq: or love :love: or disease? :questionmark:

These south american ladies, I tell ya, some may not look much but the way they dress and show off their bodies is somewhat distracting ;)
Seriously, jeez and I used to think it is just the weather that is making me feel hot lol

Back