Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

chippin my wii

wilson1980

Premium Member
Premium Member
just looking for advice on whats best for my wee girls wii..she got it last xmas from her mum and since we dont live together ive never really done nothing bout her wii but her mums about to get loads off games for her xmas but i said bout chippin it..im askin if its easy enough to do yourself like i found out about the ds.a guy down my end is 70 pound to chip it..is there much to it or im i better payin the 70 pound and save the hassle..any good and bad points about chippin part from cheap games..she doesnt go online i dont think..cheers

...or you can fit one of those clip-chips which don't need any soldering, they're more reliable/compatible than the Soft-Mod.

That's a great post you made in that link English mate.

cheers for that bud but ive never played the wii myself as i have a ps3 in my own house..so can understand bits and bobs but what things to start off with do i need..sd card say what 4 gig..the files and it says zelda game..or is that just an example. cheers

thanks. yeah its not bad :) i need to change the backup channel in it tho as i've found a better looking one with forced pal60 (for those people with normal tvs playing thru scart getting black n white games)

bro?

cheers for that bud but ive never played the wii myself as i have a ps3 in my own house..so can understand bits and bobs but what things to start off with do i need..sd card say what 4 gig..the files and it says zelda game..or is that just an example. cheers

thats all u need m8. go for it

cheers for that..as for witchys comment..god knows how i missed your comment but i remember someone sayin something bout that..here,s the thing..my wee girl is only 6 and she doesnt live with me so what would b easy enough for her to just put in a game and play without me there cause her mums no good lol

thanks. yeah its not bad :) i need to change the backup channel in it tho as i've found a better looking one with forced pal60 (for those people with normal tvs playing thru scart getting black n white games)

bro?

thats all u need m8. go for it

pm us when you are ready mate,idont allways read all posts

...or you can fit one of those clip-chips which don't need any soldering, they're more reliable/compatible than the Soft-Mod.

So the clip chips are more reliable. I was hoping that as i only bought one two days ago without knowing anything about the softmod.

The best option is a soldered chip as it's less likely to work itself lose, but if you can't solder then the clips are a great solution.

Back