Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chelsea news

Nani121

Banned
Chelsea winger Arjen Robben has agreed personal terms over a move to Real Madrid, reports BBC Radio Five Live.

The clubs are yet to agree a fee, which is understood to be about £15m, but Robben, 23, is due to fly to the Spanish capital on Friday.

It is also believed Feyenoord's 20-year-old left winger Royston Drenthe has been lined up to replace Dutch international Robben.

Holland Under-21 star Drenthe is expected to move for £7m.

BBC Five Live's football correspondent Jonathan Legard said: "Sources in Holland say Robben has agreed personal terms on a five-year deal and is due to leave Chelsea's pre-season tour to fly to Spain on Friday.

"The two clubs have yet to agree a fee and Chelsea have maintained publicly that they want him to stay.

"But with Robben stalling on a new deal and admitting talks are not going well, I am told they are holding out for £15m. Real have so far indicated they would pay £12m."

Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon earlier admitted they were keen to sign Robben but Blues boss Jose Mourinho denied the winger was to leave the club.

Robben has two years left on his Chelsea contract but Calderon told radio station Onda Cero: "It is a negotiation which will take place in coming days or weeks.

"If the situation is favourable financially, I think that he is a player who could be brought in."

606: DEBATE
Should Chelsea sell Robben?

But Mourinho is in no hurry to sell, saying: "The club wants to keep these players. I trust the board and our chief executive Peter Kenyon in the negotiations he is doing.

"I know the players want to stay and I would be happy if they signed."

Robben's future has been further clouded by Chelsea's signing of Lyon winger Florent Malouda and Robben admitted on 10 July that contract talks were not going well.

The winger has been one of manager Mourinho's key players but his progress at Chelsea has been hampered by a succession of injuries.

Last season, a thigh strain and knee injury kept him on the sidelines for several weeks of the campaign.

However Mourinho said he was keen to keep Robben, despite Malouda's arrival.

Robben played 45 minutes of Chelsea's 1-0 friendly win over Suwon Bluewings at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California, on Tuesday.

I look at him as a Chelsea player and he has to compete against very good wingers like we have. I am happy with the situation

Jose Mourinho on Arjen Robben

After the match Mourinho said: "The latest with Robben is that he played the game. I cannot tell you more than that.

"At the moment he is a Chelsea player with two more years of contract and he is working well.

"For me, he is a player like Terry or Lampard with two more years of contract.

"I look at him as a Chelsea player and he has to compete against very good wingers like we have. I am happy with the situation."

Drenthe caught the eye during this summer's Uefa European Under-21 Football Championship.

The player, who can play at left-back or on the wing, has been linked with a move to a host of European clubs.

Copy and paste ;)

Anyways, £15m for Robben? Too much, I was thinking in the region of about £10m. Don't think Lampards going anywhere

i know it is copy and paste i did it from BBC what is your point?: whip :

As for his price Robben is a good player and is one of the very best left wingers in the game so his price is genuine in todays market

it looks like Robben is going, deal accepted, he is to have a medical.

Pleased to see him go actually, he is the number one diver in the whole wild world, he will love the diving competition in Spain

Last edited:
Pleased to see him go actually, he is the number one diver in the whole wild world, he will love the diving competition in Spain

Agree he's one of the worst divers. He's a good player, he doesn't even need to dive. Every team these days seems to have at least one bad diver...Chelsea had two with Drogba as well.

Agree he's one of the worst divers. He's a good player, he doesn't even need to dive. Every team these days seems to have at least one bad diver...Chelsea had two with Drogba as well.

Our Ronaldo was bad at diving too when he first came , its hurting me saying this, but at least he dont dive as much now.

I will get some shit now over this post.

Owen was bad for diving at Liverpool. Gerrard had one or two well-publicized voyages through the air too. I reckon Ronaldo still dives, but he has calmed down. Most players are coached to get between the man and the ball now, then go over when touched. That used to be called diving, but it's accepted now (unless the touch is really light). The no-tackle-from-behind rule was good, but it's been taken advantage of.

Anyway, it's a shame people focus on Robben's diving instead of his great wing play, but it's his own doing I suppose.

John Terry breaks his toe and had to come off at half time against Suwon Bluewings in pre season friendly yesterday.

according to the sun newspaper John Terry has agreed a new 6.8million a year deal which will make him the highest player in England.Thats £115,000 per week
Not sure if its worth getting out of bed for.

Back