Linux checking out a cvs

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
i have details of some cource code that i need to checkout using cvs, ive not done this for a few years, and remember initially having problems before as well, this is what i keep getting

cvs checkout: No CVSROOT specified! Please use the `-d' option
cvs [checkout aborted]: or set the CVSROOT environment variable.

but ive already logged in, set the CVSROOT and used the -d in the checkout command

can anyone throw some light on it for me please

i dont nee any GUI to get at the code, as once ive downloaded it, ill only be making local changes, so its a once only via terminal jobby, but i been pulling my hair out for a few hours over it lol

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

i know i had hell getting the files to start downloading the first time i did it, and it was something very simple that i wasnt doing, but i cannot for the life of me remember what it was

is this the first build on this PC? have u created the folder structure first? have u checked out before (i'm guessing not if using the 'co' switch) ?

I've got my old dbox build notes,

ive also tried the export command, but that gives me a bash error saying its not a valid identifier

is this the first build on this PC? have u created the folder structure first? have u checked out before (i'm guessing not if using the 'co' switch) ?

I've got my old dbox build notes,

ive also tried looking back through old notes lol

i have a new PC ;) and this is a completley fresh build on it, the last time i did this was a few years ago, in a VMware window on a windows machine, and im sure i used the export command then, but its not playing now lol

ive created the folder i want to keep everything in TM_CVS, i can actually log into the cvs, as shown above, but i just cannot for the life of me checkout the files

its a complete new set of files compared to the older ones i have, and as im also now on a nice shiney new dedicated machine, want to get playing with things :)

are you able to check out any other cvs/svn to check that your linux system is all ok ? (try check out dreambox branch)
also r u sure the tm-cvs is working (u and i both know it can be tempermental at times lol)

cheers
osborne82

do you have any details for dreambox? ive looked at open pli, but since theyve changed their site, its like a maze of links that lead to nothing lol

Back