change default language

Geronimoe

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hiya all, well enjoying my new project with the dm600, Up and running with gemini image and got mgcamd and cccam working with satan autoupdater. Just configured my dydns and now learning about gbox.
I just got to say its a hell of a learning curve when you have never used linux before.
So anyway one slight niggle i hope someone can help me with, I saw somewhere on the net a post about changing the default language to english so when you go to a channel if available english would be used.

Cheers Geronimoe

Audio

Just reading your posting, not familiar with the box but would assume its got an audio button , so when on channels like pre**iere or ta**llas press and scroll to english or different toneoption this may work, not english on all channels ,this might help
Regards Boris

yes i have that, but i am trying to find a way of setting the dreambox to automatically use the english language if available on the channel opened

Cheers geronimoe

yes i have that, but i am trying to find a way of setting the dreambox to automatically use the english language if available on the channel opened

Cheers geronimoe

That would be the coolest/most useful plugin ever...!

I would be very interested to see if there is actually a way to get this done. To my knowledge it is something that has to be done manually.

That being said, if you change the audio from another lang to English, it should save as English. Therefore the next time you return to that channel, if the the program is also broadcast in English, it will play with English audio.

Last edited:
I just use the gemini web interface settings and that works on many channels.
Try this-
Open your web browser (I use firefox)
Type in your dreambox IP address into the address bar (192.168.1.5 or whatever)
When the Gemini interface runs you will see a button labelled 'CONFIG' near the middle of your screen, click that.
Then click on the button to the left labelled 'SETTINGS'.
Then look down until you find the bit- 'Audio Channels Priority' and the blank line underneath.
Now here is where you can enter defaults, so try entering this.....
English#Englisch#dos#Dos#Tonoption 2#Original#Eng
Then scroll further down and click the 'SAVE' button.

You may need the usual restart to get new settings working and it may not work for every channel but it works on many and you can try adding more defaults yourself.

Hope that helps.

Hiya pinkhelmets cheers for that i am running gemini so will give it a go.

Well fantastic, works a treat, and so easy to do.

And also spotted the setting to start recordings slightly earlier.
Great if you use the epg to set your recordings

Thanks

Geronimoe

Last edited:
Back